Settings Ultimate Defrag 1.28

Hitman6267

Hi, I read on the front page that the program is really good and I thought i should give it a try. Now i find my self not being able to decide which settings are best for me. I use my desktop these days mostly for internet use ( browsing + msn ) and sometimes some gaming. I have big backups of DVDs ~8 GB each so i have 20% of free space of my 2 partitions ( 20% each ). So can any one tell me which settings and which method of defrag i should use. Another question, I noticed that in my C: drive there is only 1 cluster reserved for MFT while in my D: drive i have several, why is that ?

P.S: I read the help file that came with the program and still wasn't able to decide, just wanted to say that so you don't think I didn't put any effort to figure it out.

Thank you :lol:

• Replies 9
  • Views 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i have a similar setup but i have 3 partitions c, o and k o is for music and k is for games i noticed my k drive also has alot of mft reserved not sure why either just wanted to say my input

Contig with high perf, archive and close to MFT checked

Remember to check files types for high perf and file types for archive

Also the folders that u want to perform better

hey guys im new here to this forum, and i was like the other guy, wanting to use this program. But for some reason something had happened it changed how my windows defragger defrags. Now it has more blue than before. How do i undo the changes? Please help me?

untitledbm1.th.jpg

hey guys im new here to this forum, and i was like the other guy, wanting to use this program. But for some reason something had happened it changed how my windows defragger defrags. Now it has more blue than before. How do i undo the changes? Please help me?

untitledbm1.th.jpg

If you want to confirm whether u have 72% free space or 38%

Check it under Local Disk (C:) Properties

My Computer -> Right Click on C: (drive) -> Properties...

If you find 72% free space then the Win Defrag might be showing us a incorrect discription of ur HDD

Check in UltimateDefrag as well... Check how it looks like.. (If possible post the pic on it as well)

By the way NO we cannot undo that display error...(its most probably just a glitch in WinDefrag)

yah thats really weird cause ive used ultimate defrag several times so far and my windfrag hasnt given me and graphical errors like that

• 2 months later...

OK, new versions came out, im new to the whole ultimate defrag thing, so what should i do or check in boxes for the BEST UPMOST PREFORMANCE, and i mean everything?

Also which is better? Ultimate Defrag, or Perfect Disk?

Ohh by the way, i fixed the percentage issue, it went away when i used Diskkeeper 2007 defragger.

Archived