Hello, hello, is there anybody in there...

Clif Davis

Greetings from Dallas, TX.

After several crashes over a 2 month period with my windersXP, a mate calmly suggested over a few laps of rFactor .. "try Linux Mint". And my stellar reply was "aaahhh, say wot?" Needless to say, he explained and I did. Then went to Ubuntu 9x and was further suggested to try 10.04. And here I am.

I have reciently had an issue with it but with another forum, got it fixed and now I have this up and working and it reminds me of how my (cringe when I say this) Apple machine worked when I supported the iPhone.

Me, I run a forum based around rFactor mods and most specificly the 67 F1 cars.

The only thing that requires me to go back to XP at all is I haven't found a way to get rFactor to work with this lovely beast. I have heard it is possible with WINE but up till now I haven't had a chance to use it.

Blessings to all.

Clif Davis

www.clifdavis.com

• Replies 8
  • Views 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welcome, Clif. :welcome: Sorry, I don't know anything about rFactor.

Thanks for the welcome... no problem... I will keep looking.

clif

• Administrator

:hi: and :welcome:

Well I have found several things around about it.. including running a dedicated rFactor server on Linux with WINE..

BUT for the most part it looks like you would need Windows to really get the best out of it.. Even read a few threads on Ubuntu forums .. about other games and rFactor as well..

Gran Turismo fan here.. rFactor looks like it has more to it than the version I have currently ( and I run it on a PS2 as well .. need a PS3 )..

Did find this about Cedega

http://www.cedega.com/explore/

http://www.cedega.com/gamesdb/games/view.html?game_id=4887

But I have also found that support isn't that great for it.. so I dunno.. If your system meets the requirements.. I think you would really find Windows 7 superior..( to Windows XP )

Archived