Black or White Virus

Marcus Thunder

Marcus Thunder

My brother downloaded some fix for a game last night ......he was eager to play so he launched it before applying to destination folder :frusty:

Windows 7 is the one that cracked..lol :fear:

black screen is all i see and mouse pointer got lost in the darkness... he called me over :angry: to see the beauty of this lovely chaos :o

I then brought up task manager and terminated process finely....Strangely Superantispyware professional and eset reported file to be clean....the whole system tooo... :wub:

I then fired up some online scanners and result was:

Kaspersky file scanner: Clean

Virustotal:Result: 22/39 (56.41%)

hxxp://www.virustotal.com/analisis/9d1d863da9edf2e07c1183993b7bebdb9f467bbee1e5da9254a20eadf8832543-1272286851

Avira Sample Submission: MALWARE

"The file 'Cracktro.exe' has been determined to be 'MALWARE'. Our analysts named the threat BDS/Hupigon.EBE. The term "BDS/" denotes a Backdoor-Server program. Backdoor-Server programs are used to spy out, modify or delete data.Detection is added to our virus definition file (VDF) starting with version 7.10.04.26. " :angry:

Norman Scan:

Cracktro.exe : Not detected by Sandbox (Signature: W32/Suspicious_Gen2) :blink:

[ DetectionInfo ]

* Filename: C:\analyzer\scan\Cracktro.exe.

* Sandbox name: NO_MALWARE

* Signature name: W32/Suspicious_Gen2.ACBKK.

* Compressed: YES.

* TLS hooks: NO.

* Executable type: Application.

* Executable file structure: OK.

* Filetype: PE_I386.

[ General information ]

* Decompressing PEC2.

* File length: 111616 bytes.

* MD5 hash: 39380126c0b58016c4cfecc713d77392.

* SHA1 hash: 71835db3624e926c8a3ebd9bc5fcbc34b954c417.

* Packer detection: PeCompact 2.x.

[ Process/window information ]

* Creates a window with name "".

Should I worry or not......?

:unsure:

I Uploaded in case if somebody is interested...... :s

hxxp://www.mediafire.com/?zmzg3mduzwe

Thanks for Incoming support and assistance....... ^_^ -_- :huh:

• Replies 2
  • Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Quarantine that fix. Scan your PC with Microsoft Malicious Software removal tool, Run > MRT. Reason behind it is, as per many virustotal AVs, it's a Hupigon infection, and MRT can remove Hupigon thingy quite well. Or you can use MalwareBytes Anti Malware.

After completion, and removing all the infections, if the problem still remains, try run > SFC /SCANNOW.

Marcus Thunder

Quarantine that fix. Scan your PC with Microsoft Malicious Software removal tool, Run > MRT. Reason behind it is, as per many virustotal AVs, it's a Hupigon infection, and MRT can remove Hupigon thingy quite well. Or you can use MalwareBytes Anti Malware.

After completion, and removing all the infections, if the problem still remains, try run > SFC /SCANNOW.

Do you mean that a fully updated ESET and kaspersky do not detect Hupigon... :o Although MABM is powerfull I think i'll neglect that as the time i used it before made me super paranoid ....It detects virtual drives as trojans....I Will check out MRT

Here is a full detailed info of what this small executable does...comodo scanner actually executed it and informed me of what this application did ... it does not seem malicious but i am still paranoid about it...Here is the link if u can help me...:

http://camas.comodo.com/cgi-bin/submit?file=9d1d863da9edf2e07c1183993b7bebdb9f467bbee1e5da9254a20eadf8832543

http://anubis.iseclab.org/?action=result&task_id=1d354ac759376947495c33b1819975628&format=txt

http://www.sunbeltsecurity.com/cwsandboxreport.aspx?id=174970&cs=F9DEA8EE43D3369050023DDE59788928

B)

One more thing that ...Uac was on and uac didn't ask me if i want this fix to run or not......

Archived