advice to solve a problem

jonahlomu

Hi guys,

I'm asking you how to solve a problem happening in my laptop from a while.

When I try to search a file or to open a program, always open a window and says: search settings v.1.2.3 and it doesn't find this file.

For sure in the past I've deleted this file and now I don't know how to do...no problem at all but is boring cause the window always opens.

Thanks in advance for any info and advice!!!!

• Replies 9
  • Views 831
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sl@pSh0ck™

try this open command prompt as administrator - type sfc /scannow - let it scan and fix any problems it may find (it would take some time for this to finish) - reboot when asked to do so.

Have you already tried scanning with Malwarebytes? Please do so, and after that, try to run a good registry cleaner to wipe your registry from the remains. ;)

I am wondering what this is ' search settings v.1.2.3 ' that isn't normal or by default.. something else is hijacking it.. or installed rather but you get what I mean.. I would HiJackThis! and probs SpyBot..

Found this on first result on Metacrawler..http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-IE/xpprograms/thread/aecb0f91-9218-4739-b7c2-0867e7f9114d

Which basically states you need to reset your IE settings even if you don't use it..

Sl@pSh0ck™

Ok I misinterpreted what your issue, searchsetting 1.2.3 is caused by delio toolbar (a malware that got installed in your pc), since you said that you already managed to delete it, there might be some left over files/registry entries. Tucker is right ... do a registry clean up w/ ccleaner then scan w. malwarebytes. If it is still there afterwards do a manual registry clean up and look for this string in reg editor "F271" and delete it.

Navigate to your 'add remove programs' and try to see if you've got any 'Toolbar' that's installed, please.

Hi guys,

I'm asking you how to solve a problem happening in my laptop from a while.

When I try to search a file or to open a program, always open a window and says: search settings v.1.2.3 and it doesn't find this file.

For sure in the past I've deleted this file and now I don't know how to do...no problem at all but is boring cause the window always opens.

Thanks in advance for any info and advice!!!!

Any luck so far? ;)

Hi guys,

I solved my problem!!!!

Thanks so so so much for your help!!! You are incredible. I downloaded the last cc cleaner program, I scanned and it solved the problem.

Archived