Is It Version 1.5 or 1.3?

higado2

Um, hello. I have downloaded mara-Fix v1.3. from god know where on the internet and applied it It worked well for me and everything was peachy, except that my ESET NOD32 Antivirus v4.0.314 always shows a bubble that says "Virus Database Locked" whenever I hover the mouse to NOD32 icon in the taskbar.

Later, I downloaded and installed NOD32 Antivirus v4.0.474 on another computer and used mara-Fix 1.5 (which I found on rapishare I think) on it and saw that this "Virus Database Locked" thing didn't show up and instead the virus database date was shown in the bubble.

I wanted the latest version on my computer, so after I struggled to uninstall the old version (because I didn't follow the instructions since I installed the mara-fix many months ago so I forgot), I installed the latest version, 4.2.42, using the same mara-Fix v1.5 that I used on that other computer. And it worked too of course.

Now my question is: How come the "official" version of the mara-Fix available on nsaneforums is v1.3? I mean, the fix I used had a link to nsaneforums displayed after the successful applying of the fix. So is the fix I have a fake (eventhough it worked like it was supposed to) or is the fix available on nsaneforums actually v1.5 but somebody forgot to update the link to say "1.5" instead of "1.3"?

Sorry for being such a pain, I mean, I am sure you are thinking "Well if it worked, then what the ~!@#$% are you bithcin' about???" But I won't feel at ease until I know that this mara-Fix v1.5 is the real deal.

Many thanks to Mara for making this wonderful fix, and many thanks in advance for helping with this version dilemma.

• Replies 3
  • Views 975
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Um, hello. I have downloaded mara-Fix v1.3. from god know where on the internet and applied it It worked well for me and everything was peachy, except that my ESET NOD32 Antivirus v4.0.314 always shows a bubble that says "Virus Database Locked" whenever I hover the mouse to NOD32 icon in the taskbar.

Later, I downloaded and installed NOD32 Antivirus v4.0.474 on another computer and used mara-Fix 1.5 (which I found on rapishare I think) on it and saw that this "Virus Database Locked" thing didn't show up and instead the virus database date was shown in the bubble.

I wanted the latest version on my computer, so after I struggled to uninstall the old version (because I didn't follow the instructions since I installed the mara-fix many months ago so I forgot), I installed the latest version, 4.2.42, using the same mara-Fix v1.5 that I used on that other computer. And it worked too of course.

Now my question is: How come the "official" version of the mara-Fix available on nsaneforums is v1.3? I mean, the fix I used had a link to nsaneforums displayed after the successful applying of the fix. So is the fix I have a fake (eventhough it worked like it was supposed to) or is the fix available on nsaneforums actually v1.5 but somebody forgot to update the link to say "1.5" instead of "1.3"?

Sorry for being such a pain, I mean, I am sure you are thinking "Well if it worked, then what the ~!@#$% are you bithcin' about???" But I won't feel at ease until I know that this mara-Fix v1.5 is the real deal.

Many thanks to Mara for making this wonderful fix, and many thanks in advance for helping with this version dilemma.

The Virus Database Locked message only indicates that a certain part of the registry (the part ESET uses to store the license information, but unfortunately also the Virus Signature Display used in the taskbar icon) is locked (which is not a problem, at all ;)). This fix is better when fixing ESET because the older Mara-Fix 1.5 has a (small) security exploit.

You found Mara-Fix 1.5 and box, mara-fix 1.3. You know video cards right? GT8800 is not the same as GTX8800 ;) The box, mara-fix is a different fix (as I said before, better), therefore it started at 1.0 again (and became 1.3 later).

The box, mara-fix 1.3 is the latest fix.

"Well if it worked, then what the ~!@#$% are you bithcin' about???" Lol, that's no way to react to anyone asking questions ;)

Aha, so there is a big difference between Mara-Fix 1.5 and box, mara-fix 1.3. Thank you very much shought for clearing this up for me!

I already thanked Mara in my previous post, so this time I will say thank you to "box" for making the box, mara-fix 1.3 with Mara.

Aha, so there is a big difference between Mara-Fix 1.5 and box, mara-fix 1.3. Thank you very much shought for clearing this up for me!

I already thanked Mara in my previous post, so this time I will say thank you to "box" for making the box, mara-fix 1.3 with Mara.

Your in a thankful mood: mara-, box, me :)

No problem ;)

Archived