DVD / Cd Drives

Kavu

hmm all of a sudden my cd and dvd drives just stoped working and i look in device manager says their corrupted? look in my computer they disapeard this has happend to my friend befor to he had to reformat.. anyone ever have this problem befor

• Replies 8
  • Views 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1. Uninstall the drivers from device manager restart and check...

2. Check in BIOS if it recognizes the drive.

3. Manually delete the UpperFilters and LowerFilters registry values...

1. Start Registry Editor (Start ->Run ->Regedit).

2. Locate the UpperFilters value under the following key in the registry:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}

3. On the Edit menu, click Delete, and then click OK.

4. Locate the LowerFilters value under the same key in the registry:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}

5. On the Edit menu, click Delete, and then click OK.

6. Quit Registry Editor.

@kavu - lemme guess, you decided to update your VIA chipset drivers today and this happened (specificly the IDE driver)? because i just did and had the same EXACT thing happen to me (kinda weird) :lol:

Zeus's upper/lower trick worked here tho...so i'm good :lol:

no actualy i didnt do that i didnt do anything didnt install/download anything just was surfing the web then was gona play a game and when i put the disk in the drivers disapeard and i didnt see the reply in time and formater haha didnt make a big deal sense im stil on vista and i got nothing inportent not backed up

well ill definatly try it if it happens again but this is the only time its ever happend but vista does seem to be buggy

• 3 months later...

Zeus_Hunt ur a genuis i had this problem but i just ignored it now i did wat u said and everything is a ok cheers

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
JunkInternetMail

Vista is still bugged...just goes to show you that you shouldn't use Vista as your primary OS on your primary MACHINE/LAPTOP/DESKTOP...

:)

Archived