shajt

• Replies 11
  • Views 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sl@pSh0ck™

Huge tnx bro :dance2:

Anytime bro ;)

Well, I did steps in that article but after reboot it was still enabled.

Trouble was that in that article it said you should type 0 for value, but that is enable rofl , proper value is 0xffffffff

Proper steps from microsoft and all values are here : Link

It's for Vista but I guess it's the same with Win7, gonna try now with 0xffffffff instead 0 , reboot and see if it's still there.

Sl@pSh0ck™

sorry my bad .. how can I forget this .. mine is disabled and I just now remembered that I used windows 7 manager to disable it, silly me :frusty:

post-23431-127144243821_thumb.png

Unlike XP, IPv6 is built into the core of Win7 for native support equal to IPv4. There is no need to remove it, just untick it on the connections you don't want to use it for. Is it giving you some problems?

Removing it completely won't give you any performance boost or anything if that's what your goal is.

It's not performance, it's just that I don't need it, and I can see from my firewall that it uses lot's of traffic and there are popups for it (inbound as well outbound)

And I'm firewall freak, I like to control everything regarding connections. And this one is pretty tricky.

My fear is that this is setup for BigBrother (if you somehow manage to disable it in Win7 , some services (functions) will not work properly), so you're forced to use it.

After doing some more research I decided to leave it, because Win7 is heavily built depending on it whether you use it or not.

btw I've managed at the end to disable it but after reboot I saw some problems and that's the end of that story :)

sorry my bad .. how can I forget this .. mine is disabled and I just now remembered that I used windows 7 manager to disable it, silly me :frusty:

Hey dude !

What is this amazing apps ???

I need it ! :dance2:

++

• 2 weeks later...

How can I completely remove IPv6 protocol (Win7) ?

Unticking it from network connections doesn't do it.

you already tried do this:

Control Panel => Network and Internet => Network and Sharing Center => Change adapter settings

Choose the one you wanna modify, right-click => Properties

In the window that appear, disable the checkmark for IPV6.

After run a cmd with ADM rights and execute "services.msc"

Find "IP Helper" => Right click => Properties

Stop the service and change the "Startup type" to Disabled.

Hope this helps.

Archived