Advanced System Care going crazy

shought

After defragmenting my registry with TuneUp utilities ASC shows 5100 registry problems, I highly doubt this so I decided not to 'fix' them...

ASC.png

'5100 problemen gevonden' translates into '5100 problems found'. 'Register' is 'registry'.

Here's the log (1,5 MB .txt file in a .rar (50 KB)):

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/6088672/RegisterscanASC.rar

So, what do you think?

(I'm pretty confident just accepting the changes won't do any harm, nor any good, but still, this is kind of odd.)

• Replies 13
  • Views 958
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Back it up.. ( Even if you have to Export your entire registry.. ) FIRST.. then do it.. and reboot twice and see how it goes.. I have seen systems with upwards of 8000 - 15000 entries that needed to be cleaned..

Back it up.. ( Even if you have to Export your entire registry.. ) FIRST.. then do it.. and reboot twice and see how it goes.. I have seen systems with upwards of 8000 - 15000 entries that needed to be cleaned..

The thing is I cleaned it 5 minutes before I got this, with ASC, then optimized with TuneUp and now it displays this :P

I'm not afraid to do it, in fact I've already done so and nothing happened... I guess this is just some odd bug.

@shought:

We'll know what happened if you fail to show up for the next couple of hours / days 2lbz2xg.png

@shought:

We'll know what happened if you fail to show up for the next couple of hours / days 2lbz2xg.png

'already done so'...?

Anyhow, wasn't really posting this for 'troubleshooting' just as a note of this weird bug, it seems.

Defragging your registry and cleaning your registry are two different things.

Defrag your registry just compacts all of the keys to make your system have better performance.

Cleaning your registry deletes invalid registry keys and values.

It is not uncommon for one registry cleaner to find other invalid keys missed by others.

Just as a simple rule never delete "Empty" registry keys and watch which registry cleaner you use because many are aggressive and/or rogue programs.

Just make sure to always backup your registry before deleting the invalid keys or you might have to reinstall Windows

to fix other problems.

Thanks. <_<

What would you say you like better ( I know what mine is just by looking - though I like the font in the UI )...

WinASO.. or ASC?

Defragging your registry and cleaning your registry are two different things.

I know, but here defragging seems to have caused the cleaner to detect invalid keys.

@heath

I haven't tried WinASO, I believe. I use CCleaner's, TuneUp's and ASC's.

The only two I use.. and have for quite awhile are WinASO and SpyBot's cleaning .. but thats it.. I think I would die if I didn't have a Registry Cleaner.. LOL

• Administrator

Any lite and only registry defrag program you guys can recommend? :)

RegDefrag 2.0... Free..( Part of WinASO but is its own standalone.. used it for years.. no longer has minimum amount required before defrag. )

RegDefrag 2.0... Free..( Part of WinASO but is its own standalone.. used it for years.. no longer has minimum amount required before defrag. )

Check my sig' area for a easy cure!

• 2 weeks later...

Odd... all of them for Windows 7 have it available, recommended procedure for most.. AND I have been doing it since I owned 7 without issue.

Where did you get your information....

Archived