Question about IDM and Cometbird

sanjoa

nice! Cometbird only uses 93 MB of RAM, with a peak of 124 MB, and FIREFOX uses 400 MB a few moments after opening it.,

• Replies 33
  • Views 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
chlorophyll

yeah..

u know what??i heard that now a days fans increasing for cometbird day by day.hope this is da future browser.. :lol:

but i agree firefox is base for cometbird :)

Sl@pSh0ck™

i think u r da second person in this forum using cometbird :lol: (donno abt others..?? :( )

:nono: . . . . . . . not second, but fourth.

#1 ravi

#2 The Owl

#3 nivrid05

#4 José

I don't use cometbird ... I am a Firefox fanboy :lol:....just installed cometbird to show that it is possible to integrate it w/ IDM :P

chlorophyll

ok ok no probs bro :)

i think u r da second person in this forum using cometbird :lol: (donno abt others..?? :( )

10000% sure cometbird uses LESS RAM than firefox :D

didnt u observe keenly that browsing in cometbird is more flexible than in firefox ??? :)

Ra-vi, CometBird definitely uses far less RAM than Firefox. With five tabs open right now, I'm using less than 70,000 KB. Yesterday, after heavy browsing and dozens of tabs open, ComeBird 3.6.3 never took more than 180,000 KB. :o Wow!! Firefox 3.6.3 would have been a minimum of 400,000 KB, but more likely close to 500,000 KB. :angry:

P.S. I really did type my Happy Birthday wish to you yesterday using CometBird!! :D

EDIT: Ra-vi, what do you mean when you say that CometBird is more flexible than Firefox?

What is Comerbird ? Why is "better" than Firefox ? Can we use Firefox's addons with it ?

++

CometBird is essentially Firefox with some extensions pre-installed. I like the Ctrl-Tab add-on that shows low-resolution snapshots of all your open tabs. And the "List all tabs" button (to the right of the "Open a new tab" button is similar. The biggest reason for me why it's better than Firefox is because it is essentially Firefox, but it takes less than half the RAM that Firefox does. Yes, you can use Firefox's add-ons with CometBird.

I don't really see any point in using Firefox any longer. :o And this is coming from somebody who's most frequently used program on my Windows 7 start orb is Mozilla Firefox. But CometBird is already number 3. :D

chlorophyll

wowwww..Mr.SHERLOCK HOLMES.

atleast u agreed with me n my taste.but donno y others wont even give a try for this great browser.

yeah i mean flexible means(what i mean is) -- cometbird loads pages faster than firefox & sliding web pages up n down in cometbird is really SMOOTHER when compared to firefox...yeah i mean it.

in my view if anybody try this browser then they keep this as da default browser if n only if they keenly observe this great browsers performance.

hope in future some more users switch to this great browser.

yeah,theres is no need to use firefox any longer coz cometbird is already a firefox but with less ram usage.

no need to worry abt security probs with this browser.its really perfect.

mr.detective, glad that u liked this COMETBIRD . :lol:

THEN Y CANT THIS BE FRONT PAGED ????

I'm using a custom build of Firefox with 20+ tabs open, and it only consumes 170MB.

Maybe it's because of the Boss Key plug-in I have installed, but I'm not exactly sure.

chlorophyll

but i didnt install BOSS KEY addon BIZARRE :blink:

in cometbird NO NEEEED to install boss key addon :)

but i didnt install BOSS KEY addon BIZARRE :blink:

in cometbird NO NEEEED to install boss key addon :)

+1 :D

Archived