Total Uninstall 7.6.1

flash13

dabourzannan

I have a previous version installed, how to install this new version without losing the records of the installed program. Thanks for any tip.

3 minutes ago, dabourzannan said:

I have a previous version installed, how to install this new version without losing the records of the installed program. Thanks for any tip.

Overwrite the installation. So simple. 😁

• Thanks 1

dabourzannan

@BTJB Reason I asked, is some programs will uninstall old versions first and install the new one. Appreciate your help.

@flash13  2 days ago I uninstalled the previous version of this and installed the latest one.

I had been using Total Uninstall for a few years without any problem. But this time,

after installing the latest version all my desktop shortcuts stopped working!!??

When I clicked on ANY of them I got the "Open With" box saying "choose the program

you want to use to open this file"..It totally screwed up everything, and I had to restore

my computer to an image of 6 days ago. Now using the version here the same problem

again....none of my shortcuts work even when I create new ones.? This has never happened

before, so I'm totally baffled as to what happened. :w00t::w00t::frusty:

Skunk1966
5 hours ago, funkyy said:

@flash13  2 days ago I uninstalled the previous version of this and installed the latest one.

I had been using Total Uninstall for a few years without any problem. But this time,

after installing the latest version all my desktop shortcuts stopped working!!??

When I clicked on ANY of them I got the "Open With" box saying "choose the program

you want to use to open this file"..It totally screwed up everything, and I had to restore

my computer to an image of 6 days ago. Now using the version here the same problem

again....none of my shortcuts work even when I create new ones.? This has never happened

before, so I'm totally baffled as to what happened. :w00t::w00t::frusty:

always test new versions in VM before installing in Live OS

@Skunk1966 thanks I know, but unfortunately my ability doesn't stretch that far yet.😀😀😀

Restoring my system with Macrium Reflect has always been easy but

on this occasion none of my short cuts worked and even going into

Program Files and clicking the exe didn't work..just the same "Open With" box.

I had to boot into a Windows 7 installation disk and install it from scratch then

install Macrium reflect so I could restore to a previous image that I had on a

portable HD. Best decision I ever made was to install Macrium Reflect a few years back.:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

• Like 2