The Matrix is coming back for a fifth movie

Karlston

Karlston

Warner Bros. Discovery is ready to make another one with writer / director Drew Goddard.

keanumatrix.jpg

Image: Warner Bros. Discovery

Though the last Matrix movie was basically a warning about corporations sucking the life out of iconic pieces of subversive IP, Warner Bros. Discovery is already going back to the well.

Deadline reports that The Martian writer Drew Goddard has been tapped to pen and direct another Matrix movie executive produced by Lana Wachowski. Currently, the new film has no title or projected premiere date, and there’s been no announcement as to whether franchise stars like Keanu Reeves, Carrie-Anne Moss, Laurence Fishburne, Yahya Abdul-Mateen II, or Jessica Henwick will return. 

In a statement, Warner Bros. Motion Pictures production head Jesse Ehrman said that Goddard came to the studio with a fresh idea for the franchise’s future that would honor “what Lana and Lilly [Wachowski] began over 25 years ago, and [offer] a unique perspective based on his own love of the series and characters.”

“It is not hyperbole to say The Matrix films changed both cinema and my life,” Goddard said. “Lana and Lilly’s exquisite artistry inspires me on a daily basis, and I am beyond grateful for the chance to tell stories in their world.”

Source

lurch234
53 minutes ago, Karlston said:

“It is not hyperbole to say The Matrix films changed both cinema and my life,” Goddard said

I believe him. The first Matrix movie was the only movie I went back to the theater to watch again.

Called up a friend of mine the next day to tell him about it and that I was going back tonight.

He was broke at the time so I even paid for him. That movie was so good!

• Like 3