Netflix is bringing back Black Mirror in 2025

Karlston

Karlston

The anthology returns for season 7, which will consist of six episodes.

A seventh season of Black Mirror is on the way. Netflix has confirmed that Charlie Brooker’s sci-fi anthology will return in 2025 and that the new season will be six episodes long.

There aren’t many details yet, of course. But the company does say that, while it’ll otherwise consist of new stories, one of the episodes will be a sequel to “USS Callister” from season 4, which starred Jesse Plemons. “Robert Daly is dead, but for the crew of the USS Callister, their problems are just beginning,” the description reads.

The show’s return will mark a relatively brief hiatus, at least by Black Mirror standards. Season 6 premiered last year and included some strong episodes, covering everything from space-themed horror to a paparazzi thriller to a satire of the future of streaming that proved all too prescient. So while we don’t know yet what exactly the new episodes will cover, it’s a safe bet more recent tech stories like AI and the metaverse might provide some inspiration.

Source

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
QuinnSanches

The fact that Netflix is already teasing us with a sequel to "USS Callister" has me buzzing with curiosity. I loved that episode, so seeing where they take the story next is going to be a real treat. And can we talk about the themes they might explore? Black Mirror has always been so good at shining a light on the dark corners of technology and society, and I can't wait to see what twisted tales they come up with next. I recently read about prince harry net worth and was pretty surprised by how much the Royal Family, Netflix, and ‘Spare’ contributed to it. It's wild to think about the intersections of wealth and influence, especially in the context of someone like Prince Harry navigating both royal obligations and personal endeavors.

Edited by QuinnSanches

lurch234

Man! Why do I just find out this exists!? Looks damned promising. Just got five seasons on a torrent from torrentleech :tooth:

The last time I got into a sci fi show till the end was with Altered Carbon