[SUGGESTIONS] New PC Speakers

SacredCultivator

SacredCultivator

Hello,

I've had these pair of Logitech Z323 speakers for quite a long time now and even though in the past I didn't mind them much, guess with some faulty wiring every now and then the right speaker loses sound.

Though my gripe with these was the bass feels way too overpowering vs the actual sound.

Always had Logitech speakers, but curious if there may be alternatives (could be Logitech as well, but open to other brands).

As I know my previous ones were Logitech x-230. Did like these as it was actually a good balance between bass/sound.

Still looking for a 2.1 set up, and with a similar profile? LIke same design as these two, and not like studio ones that are more "box-like". Also not too fond of the wireless/bluetooth ones, sorta prefer these simple wired setups. Don't want an extra component/dongle in the way.

Oh, right. Budget... I definitely am not looking into anything over $150. Surprised the x-230 is still priced that high.

Thank you.

Edited by SacredCultivator

• SacredCultivator changed the title to [SUGGESTIONS] New PC Speakers
SacredCultivator

Never heard of Edifier, but since all 3 of your recs be from them, not bad.

The one that I got my eyes on thus far seem to be the M201BT as it seems to be pretty close to what I'm looking for.
M3200 seem too unique hehs, but yeh has the control dongle which I don't want.
CX7 is a bit too extreme for me + has that amp. / box-like speakers.

M3600D was another rec that seems nice, but seems to be out of stock or is it actually discontinued? As that one seems fairly good despite the mixed reviews.

Skunk1966

I never bought pc speakers in my life. What I did in the past was buy a headphone to double tulip cable, plug in the headphone pin in the headphone connector available on the pc and the 2 tulip connectors in aux in on the back of a simple normal audio system to have the sound over the normal speakers from that system

I have the Bowers & Wilkins MM-1 Computer speakers, they are sold out but you can find them on Ebay, check it out, great speakers!

SacredCultivator
3 hours ago, psyko666 said:

I have the Bowers & Wilkins MM-1 Computer speakers, they are sold out but you can find them on Ebay, check it out, great speakers!

If they are these, damn that's way way over budget.

I know you said you're looking for an all-in-one 2.1 set, but if you're willing to source your own sub-woofer I would highly recommend the Bose Companion 2 Series III speakers. They're excellent speakers for the price, especially when coupled with a decent sub. As they have good coverage of the mid-to-lower ranges by themselves.

Edited by SL0TH

2 hours ago, SacredCultivator said:

If they are these, damn that's way way over budget.

Yes, that's them.. on ebay they're cheaper, you got a link for 500 USD in used condition.. way too high..

• 4 weeks later...