western digital 1 TB HD problem

donkey-girl

donkey-girl

western digital 1 TB HD problem

I start getting some problem from time to time with this disk, what can you tell me about it good/ bad. and is it what I think time to buy another new disk and change this out with the new one thinking about a samsung ssd 1 TB and split it up in two 350 GB as system and the rest for small stuff. I include the other disk I have in my rig just for show how they look.C-HDrevsystemlager.thumb.png.493f3d8295db30c2a0029e37bb9ed156.png

2 Toshiba 4 TB.png

3 Toshiba 6 TB.png

4 Toshiba 6 TB.png

oliverjia

Your WD 1TB looks fine according to CrystalDiskInfo. I wonder what issues are you having with it?

donkey-girl
6 minutes ago, oliverjia said:

Your WD 1TB looks fine according to CrystalDiskInfo. I wonder what issues are you having with it?

Some time it start acting strange when it starts up with slow reading like it aint working prober and cant cant find all my disk but as you noticed it seems it looks just ok in CD info, well still thinking thinking about buy a new samsung ssd 1 tb but not sure what is a good replacement and price. 

Ps maybe its just me playing around wrong way with the setup there is not born in this tower include pics info. or maybe I needs to find another way to set all up again but this way all run so so smooth.

Specy.png

donkey-girl

Thinking about replace the 1 tb wd with this one I guess it would fit just fine in my tower there is all filt up with HD instead of the floppy drive and the two CD/DVD write/ read disk.

Samsung-870-EVO-Series-MZ-77E1T0B-1TB.jpg

this model has a lot of problems, I wouldn't risk it

donkey-girl

Thx for recomondation if I should buy and replace.

lurch234

@donkey-girl I have two EVO 860s actually. One 1 TB and one 500 GB. The 500 GB one has my old Win7 on it and is retired now. But still functional!

• Like 1

Akaneharuka

Btw, Is it possible that the problem is not on SSD but on the OS itself ?
Sometimes, system glitches or software problem can cause performance problems that might seem related to hardware at first look

and I saw a lot of that problem in windows 11

If you have NVME port you should buy Kingston Fury Renegade.You'll get much faster speed on nvme. But first make sure you have PCIE gen 4 or prior gen 3/gen2 (Form Factor M.2 2280)  support.

This drive has very good review on Amazon and youtube. You can check that 😀

Edited by Kaitlan

Toshiba 4000GB:
Spin-Up Time S.M.A.R.T. parameter indicates an average time (in milliseconds or seconds) of spindle spinup (from zero RPM (Revolutions Per Minute) to fully operational). This parameter is considered informative by most hardware vendors.
Spin Time S.M.A.R.T. gives the average time (in milliseconds or seconds) of spindle rotation (from zero revolutions per minute (RPM) to full operation). Most hardware manufacturers consider this parameter to be informative.
Toshiba 6000GB:
Spin-Up Time S.M.A.R.T. parameter indicates an average time (in milliseconds or seconds) of spindle spinup (from zero RPM (Revolutions Per Minute) to fully operational). This parameter is considered informative by most hardware vendors.
Toshiba 6000GB:
power off Retract count - this is probably related to the hard shutdown of the disk after a power failure. But if I go really deep, does turning off the disc and stopping the plates only mean when the plates were on the disc or does it not matter? 0C Power on counts/cycles - in my opinion, this is when the disk is connected to the port and it starts up
The Load/Unload Cycle Count is how often the actuator arm is parked in the loading zone. The actuator arm holds the head which reads/writes to the disk
WDC 1000GB:

Ithink the discs are fine!

• Like 1

donkey-girl
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Kaitlan said:

If you have NVME port you should buy Kingston Fury Renegade.You'll get much faster speed on nvme. But first make sure you have PCIE gen 4 or prior gen 3/gen2 (Form Factor M.2 2280)  support.

This drive has very good review on Amazon and youtube. You can check that 😀

My stationæry computer is quite old but still running smooth (so so :) HP Pavilion Elite HPE-030sc  I do have some boot problem from time to time it means it wont boot from my usb drive when I want to make e clean install or recover my system drive maked with acronis, then I have my extern dvd drive to boot from but some time also some probs reading from that drive, thats why I thought it was my harddrive having problems. Any way still thinking about buy a ssd drive there fit for my rig and m2 wont fit in it. Thx to all of you. Now I go check all setting through bios maybe the problems is there but dont think so, guess it might be electronic mystical problem from time to time because I changed so much in the setup not belongs to the setup from birth but its only my guess, it could also be in the bios setting somewhere.

Edited by donkey-girl

On 1/8/2024 at 4:38 AM, donkey-girl said:

I do have some boot problem from time to time

Have you tried spamming the f8 key, or another maybe, while booting? It should bring up a menu to give you a choice from what to boot from. i.e: usb key

Edited by lurch234