Phone lost, unable to register WhatsApp on a new phone. Help !

info999

When I register on a new phone with the same old mobile number, it is asking me to enter 6 digit code sent to my OLD LOST phone , but it's lost !

Please help . Thank you so much

39 minutes ago, info999 said:

Once you’ve re-registered your account, it will automatically be deactivated on the lost/stolen phone.

No, unfortunately that's not the case

So to be clear, unlike the topic title, you have registered the account on the new phone (with the same number) but the account on the old phone is not deactivated?  If so, this is a different issue than what you mentioned in the beginning.

Anyway, for this new issue, I suppose you have to contact WhatsApp my friend.  Seems to be a problem on their side, unless you can view the active sessions on the new phone and terminate the old session (like it's possible on Telegram).

1 minute ago, DLord said:

So to be clear, unlike the topic title, you have registered the account on the new phone (with the same number) but the account on the old phone is not deactivated?  If so, this is a different issue than what you mentioned in the beginning.

Anyway, for this new issue, I suppose you have to contact WhatsApp my friend.  Seems to be a problem on their side, unless you can view the active sessions on the new phone and terminate the old session (like it's possible on Telegram).

Yes correct the old phone is lost/stolen, how would I deactivate it ?

Just now, info999 said:

Yes correct the old phone is lost/stolen, how would I deactivate it ?

Did you read and follow the instructions on the WhatsApp FAQ page?  Did you re-register?

27 minutes ago, DLord said:

Did you read and follow the instructions on the WhatsApp FAQ page?  Did you re-register?

Yes I did, but it is asking me to enter a code sent to my old phone

44 minutes ago, info999 said:

Yes I did, but it is asking me to enter a code sent to my old phone

There must be an option to use SMS or phone call to verify instead.

40 minutes ago, DLord said:

There must be an option to use SMS or phone call to verify instead.

The phone is lost, I don't have access to it anymore

21 minutes ago, info999 said:

Didn't you contact your old mobile provider to move your old phone number to the new phone?  That way when WhatsApp texts the phone number, it comes to your new phone.  The mobile provider will ask you a lot of questions to verify that you are the true owner.

23 minutes ago, info999 said:

Alright, just to make sure that I get it correctly:

- You have not call your mobile provider and did not block the lost SIM card (as mentioned in the FAQ page we that have been referring to)

- You have not get a new SIM card with the same phone number (as mentioned in the FAQ page that we that have been referring to)

- You have not re-register your account (as mentioned in the FAQ page that we that have been referring to) cause obviously you cannot do without taking the above steps

My bad, you are out of luck!

1 hour ago, DLord said:

Alright, just to make sure that I get it correctly:

- You have not call your mobile provider and did not block the lost SIM card (as mentioned in the FAQ page we that have been referring to)

- You have not get a new SIM card with the same phone number (as mentioned in the FAQ page that we that have been referring to)

- You have not re-register your account (as mentioned in the FAQ page that we that have been referring to) cause obviously you cannot do without taking the above steps

My bad, you are out of luck!

I have done all the above actually

1 hour ago, charlien said:

Didn't you contact your old mobile provider to move your old phone number to the new phone?  That way when WhatsApp texts the phone number, it comes to your new phone.  The mobile provider will ask you a lot of questions to verify that you are the true owner.

I did

14 hours ago, info999 said:

12 hours ago, info999 said:

I have done all the above actually

Dude, then how come you cannot receive SMS or phone call on the new phone with the same number to re-register your account??!

Am I missing something or is it me and FAQ page's fault for not making sense to you?!!!!!! :frusty:

3 hours ago, DLord said:

Dude, then how come you cannot receive SMS or phone call on the new phone with the same number to re-register your account??!

Am I missing something or is it me and FAQ page's fault for not making sense to you?!!!!!! :frusty:

I got it sorted. Thank you for your help