Backup/Restore only software applications and files to a new PC

vitorio
Go to solution Solved by DLord,

The old PC is almost need to replace, the back panel cover began to separate due to heat. As result the mouse pad is not working well.

Planning to buy a new one but wish only to backup/restore the software applications (i.e. Microsoft Office, Visio, Project, others) and personal files and folders.

My questions, since I want to keep the new operating system in the new PC,  can I only backup/restore software applications and files?

What type of backup/restore is the most trusty and reliable to do this job? Maybe  Acronis True Image,  EasyUS, UbackIt, others.

Thanks for the help.

IMG_0435.thumb.jpg.a930778e74a7b6ad37e7e6a237cca2f5.jpg

Edited by vitorio

• Replies 7
  • Views 630
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• vitorio

• DLord

• Betts1964

• Tux 528

Top Posters In This Topic

• Solution
1 hour ago, vitorio said:

The old PC is almost need to replace, the back panel cover began to separate due to heat. As result the mouse pad is not working well.

Planning to buy a new one but wish only to backup/restore the software applications (i.e. Microsoft Office, Visio, Project, others) and personal files and folders.

My questions, since I want to keep the new operating system in the new PC,  can I only backup/restore software applications and files?

What type of backup/restore is the most trusty and reliable to do this job? Maybe  Acronis True Image,  EasyUS, UbackIt, others.

Thanks for the help.

IMG_0435.thumb.jpg.a930778e74a7b6ad37e7e6a237cca2f5.jpg

Obviously you could easily backup your personal files and folders.  But to backup your apps and make sure they work on the new PC, you have to backup the related registry keys and entries, setup and configurations, as well as all the needed underlying files that might have been added to other OS/non-OS folders on installation.  Therefore, unless you backup the whole system (entire hard disk image), it is not possible to backup the installed apps completely so they can be restored and be functional successfully. 

Edited by DLord

I found this information searching the internet 

My question is  this true, please let me know . Since this is from a table of contents, without any datail.

Thanks.

image000000.png (2).jpg

Edited by vitorio

Hi!

Technically, you can try to export the settings and data of your favorite software with exclusive utilities like CloneApp, but they are pretty limited and not necessarily up-to-date.

You can also try more comprehensive and universal software like EaseUS Todo PCTrans, which might interest you.

Finally, if you want to export the Windows settings and restore them afterward, use my software WinExport which will allow you to do it in only a few clicks. ;)

By the way, I plan to add a generic feature to it to scan and detect efficiently the settings of all installed software, but I can send you the current prototypes. :)

Have fun!