I forgot security pattern of my Samsung Phone. Help!

Fame
Go to solution Solved by kasper,

I don't use the phone often but there are many files in there. I had changed from pin to pattern only last week but now I don't remember the pattern. It is not accepting my fingerprints because it requires to draw pattern every 72 hours for security reasons. Please tell me if there is any method to remove or bypass the pattern?

Update: I tried running adb shell rm /data/system/gesture.key command to remove as I had enabled developer option as well as usb debugging options which is giving me this.

adbcmd.thumb.jpg.6543ee77ed96804b3891fe746fd0477d.jpg

Also I am unable to turn it off. It just doesn't power off no matter how long I press the power button. When I tap the power off or restart option, it tells me to enter the pattern first.

36 minutes ago, kasper said:

what model is it?

It is Samsung Galaxy A12 (SM-A127F).

Edited by Fame

• Solution

try this 

• Like 2

Hi @Fame,

I'm glad you were able to unlock your phone. :)

I was in the same situation as you several weeks ago, and I have the same type of phone as you (a Samsung A13, more precisely). Because of these double-edged security precautions, I absolutely had to enter my pattern and I couldn't use my fingerprint. 😬

After many attempts and a very long wait between them, I finally managed to remember it thanks to this great site: https://tympanix.github.io/pattern-lock-js/

I was using a rather complicated technique, and it was so tricky that I couldn't remember it naturally in a specific context (I was on the bus early in the morning to go to class, you get the idea 😆).

Now, I don't use a pattern anymore, and I've enabled several recovery features, so I'll never run into this kind of problem again.

In any case, try to set up comfortable protections and avoid any complex tricks or techniques because it's a time bomb, I can guarantee you. On the other hand, fingerprint unlocking is very effective and secure, so you won't risk any problems with forgetting in the future with this method. 👍

Edited by Tux 528