Spy Sweeper and Outpost Firewall COMPATIBILITY

fearlimp

I have Spy Sweeper and NOD32 installed and healthy. I recently installed Outpost Firewall PRO, and i started experiencing a huge system slowdown after a 1-2 hour use. Outpost is a REALLY good Firewall, with a very good spyware scanner (found a couple of spyware NOT detected by Spy Sweeper). BUT WHY all this slowdown? Is it maybe because of a "fight" being conducted between Spy Sweeper and Outpost? I THING SO :dance2: . Outpost even warned me (upon installation) of the risk of a big system slowdown, because i have Spy Sweeper installed. But it was supposed to deal with it ITSELF (special automatic compatibility measures) as it said afterwards. But obviously, nothing happened, because i started experiencing the big system slowdown ANYWAY. I was FINALLY forced to uninstall Outpost, because the system stalled right after it entered windows (THAT big slowdown). Has anyone got a SOLUTION for being able to have them ALL installed, without having to :frusty: ........... :D :P

• Replies 2
  • Views 996
  • Created
  • Last Reply

it's probably because the outpost spyware plugin is conflicting with SS, you weren't running both 24/7 were you? :P

NOD32 has spyware detection too btw, so you really don't need either running with NOD32 installed (just use em for regular scans from time to time) :D

it's probably because the outpost spyware plugin is conflicting with SS, you weren't running both 24/7 were you? :fist:

NOD32 has spyware detection too btw, so you really don't need either running with NOD32 installed (just use em for regular scans from time to time) ;)

Yeah but, Spy sweeper's spyware scanning and real time protection is the best i thing, and NOD32's spyware protection isn't all that good (wasn't designed for that purpose). Also, does NOD32 have firewall capabilities? Oh well, i guess i 'll take your advice and try it out, and... see what happens :D

BTW, this is a really good site you have here, and i 'm a fan of your work for a couple of years now.

KEEP IT UP MATE :dance2: :fist:

Archived