Freeware request: J.River Media Jukebox 12.0.534

wolfie

Searching for J.River Media Jukebox 12.0.534

Does anyone have this rare old freeware lying around in their archives?

J.River Media Jukebox 12.0.534 had some nice features which were removed in the later easily available v14 freeware (which I am not looking for).

25 minutes ago, wolfie said:

Searching for J.River Media Jukebox 12.0.534

Does anyone have this rare old freeware lying around in their archives?

J.River Media Jukebox 12.0.534 had some nice features which were removed in the later easily available v14 freeware (which I am not looking for).

Site: https://files.jriver.com
Sharecode [?]: /mediacenter/old/MediaCenter120534.exe

@shwescorpion That's J.River Media Center which is not quite the same thing, and certainly not freeware like the Jukebox software.

Does anyone else have somewhere in their archives the freeware app J.River Media Jukebox 12.0.534 ?

Edited by wolfie
  • Like 1

@ARMOUR Thanks, do they work flawlessly? 

I can't believe that it's impossible to locate the "last good one", v12.0.534, before they started crippling it...  I've searched with Google, Yandex and ru-board...

@ARMOUR Thanks, but looking through the change logs, a lot of extra features were added by the time of v12.0.534.  JRiver subsequently decided that this freeware was just "too good" which is why they then crippled it, removing key features and the final result was v14 which is still available.

That's why v12 was removed from JRiver's web site because they want people to pay for the shareware Media Center!

In short, J.River Media Jukebox 12.0.534 is an extremely good freeware app, but sadly very difficult to find anymore.

Huge kudos and many thanks to anyone who can help me find this special rare version, J.River Media Jukebox 12.0.534 !

Some background info:

From Wikipedia: "In November 2007, J. River released Media Jukebox 12, a stripped-down version of JRiver Media Center 12, which is available to download for free, compared to JRiver Media Center's price of $49.98. JRiver Media Jukebox includes most of the audio features of Media Center; the image and video functions are removed. The last version of JRiver Media Jukebox was version 14.0.166. However, the version 14 removed several features previously available for free (specifically CD and cover art lookup) and now only available in the Media Center product. As such many still use the older free version of JRiver Media Jukebox 12.0.534"

From https://cdpos.biz using Google translate: "Customizable file list view. It was possible to customize the view of the file list only up to version 12.0.534; in subsequent versions this functionality was practically removed, leaving little things in the form of adding/removing columns. After which, in appearance, this player ceased to differ in appearance from many, many others. For example, it was possible, in any of the lists, to group files into folders with thumbnails displayed and add-on columns (click to enlarge)."

Edited by wolfie

• 2 weeks later...

I have now been in correspondence with Jim Hillegass, the founder of J River, who has confirmed to me that they shut down the v12 Jukebox release because it was hurting the sales of their shareware product, Media Center - in other words, v12 was indeed viewed by J River as being "too good"!

Absolutely hilarious if it wasn't so pathetic. LOL.