Hardware-accelerated Flash almost here

DKT27

• Administrator

kcnln8.jpg

Windows, Mac, and Linux should see significant resource reduction while watching H.264 video and playing Flash-based games. Along with performance improvements, Adobe claims that the new version will drain your battery less.

Adobe Systems has announced that the latest version of the Flash plug-in, required to run most video content on the Web, is now available as a release candidate. Users of the Flash 10.1 Release Candidate for

Although smartphone support is

anticipated this year in Flash 10.1, it won't be shipping just yet. The full list of changes to Flash made between the last beta and this release candidate is available as a PDF.

Source:

CNET

• Replies 4
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cool!

Btw, does anyone here have saflash.exe version 10 or later? I've got version 9.0, but some .swf games i have locally requires version 10. anyone?

It doesn't work properly on ATI hardware (4850, last drivers, 1080p monitor, try Youtube fullscreen for any HD 720p). Also eats A TON of CPU compared with Beta 3 for HD stuff on Youtube (E7200, 2,53 GHz)

Purple Trail

Cool!

Btw, does anyone here have saflash.exe version 10 or later? I've got version 9.0, but some .swf games i have locally requires version 10. anyone?

You can get the standalone flash player 10 here.

Archived