Anonfiles has permanently closed.

xxvv

After trying endlessly for two years to run a file sharing site with user anonymity we have been tired of handling the extreme volumes of people abusing it and the headaches it has created for us.
Maybe it is hard to understand but after tens of million uploads and many petabytes later all work of handling abuse was automated through all available channels to be fast as possible.
We have auto banned contents of hundreds of thousands files.
Banned file names and also banned specific usage patterns connected to abusive material to the point where we did not care if we accidental delete thousands of false positive in this process.
Even after all this the high volume of abuse will not stop.
This is not the kind of work we imagine when acquiring it and recently our proxy provider shut us down.

This can not continue.

Domain 4sale.

3 hours ago, xxvv said:

This is not the kind of work we imagine when acquiring it

What did they think it would be? Plenty of file hosting sites that closed shop over the yrs. RS FS FServe etc...

I miss the good ol days of WarezBB before they started getting all those downtime issues and ultimately closed.

You could get practically everything on Filesonic and Fileserve! To the point where I bought accounts for these two because it was worth it!

My biggest regret is taking to long to decide to download the stuff DrToons used to post. The Banana splits, etc...

• Like 2

• Like 2

A news (from TorrentFreak) I posted the day after the one Kasper kindly linked to above...

Sad news indeed. What do you guys who used anonfiles suggest as a replacement?

Please continue the discussion in the above news topic, thanks. This topic locked.

• Karlston locked this topic