Uninstalr - A free uninstall tool from the jv16PowerTools team

khanyash

• 1 month later...

In regards of your post: I cannot see any of the screenshots you included because the links seems to be broken, so I cannot really comment much about that.

Dear @jv16, you don't offer a decent piece of software to your users and you even criticize the work of other developers without publishing a better service.

Anyway, the screenshots I've posted in my main message are still available.

Edited by Tux 528

On 9/5/2023 at 5:01 PM, Tux 528 said:

Dear @jv16, you don't offer a decent piece of software to your users and you criticize the work of other developers without publishing a better service, which is absolutely not polite.

Anyway, the screenshots I've posted in my main message are still available.

As you can see from the other linked discussions, there have been a few bug reports presented in factual and constructive way, and I have been working on fixing those. In fact, I believe I have already fixed every reported issue and these fixes will be included to the next released version.

I have reviewed the existing software and pointed out things how they do not work very well.

The screenshots that you included to your post were not working previously but I can see them now. They show some cases of incorrect analysis by Uninstalr which sometimes occurs and should be fixed in the next version.

The "these paths don't even exist" comments are addressed by the program's user interface: "Tip: The list contains paths that do not actually exist right now, such as "{1}". These paths are listed here, because they will be removed during uninstallation in case they get created. Yes, sometimes uninstallers of apps create new data." In other words, the list of paths to be removed if user proceeds with the uninstallation, can contain paths that do not exist at the time the listing is produced. This is by design, because sometimes poorly working uninstallers actually create data during the uninstallation process and that is why such non-existing paths are listed. As said, this is explained within the UI.

Forum's Guidelines

All interactions between community members (be it via posts, PM's) should be free from flaming, baiting, spam, profanities and illegal / obscene material,

and as a result should be positive, polite and constructive.

Should you come across something that isn't please use the "Report" button next to a post or contact a staff member via a PM (Reporting Tutorial).

@jv16 Contrary to what you claim, you have never rigorously tested your software on realistic user configurations but on blank VMs that contain no user documents, which therefore prevents you from finding anything dangerous and problematic.
The pieces of proof I've shown in my screenshots aren't "a few analysis errors that sometimes happen" but just irrefutable proof that your search algorithms for leftovers are completely irrelevant and unreliable. They're just crude and dangerous to the integrity of the system, and many users have already been fooled by your sloppiness in inadvertently deleting important data.

Moreover, you only blame users who didn't read and carefully examine the endless list of "leftovers" to be deleted when they simply wanted to uninstall a little piece of software without deleting data that has absolutely nothing to do with it, including files from other software or system registry keys.

So I'll stop arguing with you because I don't have time to waste on this nonsense.

Edited by Tux 528
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

@jv16

Once upon a time, your software was useful.

Then, jv16 PowerTools became just a BLOATWARE; full of Unnecessary features.

I pinpointed these issues when I was a member of your Forum.

However, I was attacked by your fanboys and in turn, I left.

As far as Uninstalr, I am sure it will follow the path of jv16 PowerTools.

I won't  bother to make any improvement suggestions for Uninstalr.

At Macecraft, you have systematically ignored users; especially the ones who object to you...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, pc71520 said:

@jv16

Once upon a time, your software was useful.

Then, jv16 PowerTools became just a BLOATWARE; full of Unnecessary features.

I pinpointed these issues when I was a member of your Forum.

However, I was attacked by your fanboys and in turn, I left.

As far as Uninstalr, I am sure it will follow the path of jv16 PowerTools.

I won't  bother to make any improvement suggestions for Uninstalr.

At Macecraft, you have systematically ignored users; especially the ones who object to you...

What you consider an unnecessary feature, someone else finds necessary. And I would strongly disagree about ignoring users. I spend literally hours every single day communicating with users and applying their suggestions to the software I develop. For example, what I do here right now.

@jv16all you do is ignore reports and complaints posted here (for starters!). So far you haven't been able to actually prove that @Tux 528 and others are wrong.

Also other complaints on other forums are disregarded and you are just full of yourself and your "abilities" as a dev.

You should learn to listen to valid complaints, look at proof presented and redesign all your tools from scratch because all your macecraft software including this one is proven to be useless and damaging for every Windows version.

This is my very last reply in this thread because whatever anybody posts as replies is and will be ignored by you!

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, TheEmpathicEar said:

Someone should clean this mess up?? It's very hard to follow exactly what this can do well vs what not?

easy: create a backup of your Live OS and files and start testing just like @Tux 528 and I did.

• Like 2

On 9/7/2023 at 1:42 PM, Skunk1966 said:

@jv16all you do is ignore reports and complaints posted here (for starters!). So far you haven't been able to actually prove that @Tux 528 and others are wrong.

Also other complaints on other forums are disregarded and you are just full of yourself and your "abilities" as a dev.

You should learn to listen to valid complaints, look at proof presented and redesign all your tools from scratch because all your macecraft software including this one is proven to be useless and damaging for every Windows version.

This is my very last reply in this thread because whatever anybody posts as replies is and will be ignored by you!

I have already addressed every single report and complaint here. If you (or anyone else) can show something that I have ignored, please point that out and I will address that as soon as possible.

Also, I find it very paradoxical and rather amusing how you accuse me of ignoring things when you and @Tux 528 ignore the points that I have addressed.

Edited by Bl4ckCyb3rEnigm4
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, pc71520 said:

What a Cheap Excuse to justify your Bloatware...:tooth:

How do you think new features get added to software? In my business, they get added after people request them to be added. So your argument is that my product is bloatware, that is, I have listened to too many users who have requested new features to be added. And at the same time, your argument is also that I ignore user feedback. In other words, I listen to users too much and I ignore users.

In any case, if you or anyone else have any feedback how to make this a better product, please feel free to let me know.

Then, how come your software Always gets the Worst Critique in the Wilders Security, MalwareTips, NSANE, and so many others Fora?:think:

You follow the Feedback from the Wrong users; the ones who have turned your software into a Useless Bloatware :excl:

It is Not simply my opinion; Go and check over the Fora I listed before. :yes:

I own a Life-Time License of jv16 PowerTools, but I've stayed away from it for many years.

Luckily, I'm an expererienced user, and I Fixed the Troubles your software caused to my system.

But, I've seen many users having their systems wrecked after using your Cleaner/Optimizer:excl:

53 minutes ago, pc71520 said:

Then, how come your software Always gets the Worst Critique in the Wilders Security, MalwareTips, NSANE, and so many others Fora?:think:

You follow the Feedback from the Wrong users; the ones who have turned your software into a Useless Bloatware :excl:

It is Not simply my opinion; Go and check over the Fora I listed before. :yes:

I own a Life-Time License of jv16 PowerTools, but I've stayed away from it for many years.

Luckily, I'm an expererienced user, and I Fixed the Troubles your software caused to my system.

But, I've seen many users having their systems wrecked after using your Cleaner/Optimizer:excl:

In other words, your feedback is that I need to listen to user feedback, but not the wrong users.

Okay, thank you, I will try to do my best to listen only to the right kind of user feedback, the problem is that your idea of what is "wrong" kind of feedback might be different from what other users think.

Similarly, as I said, what you consider to be useless feature, other people might find useful. Your opinion on things might not be shared by everyone else.

In regards of my product being bloatware: jv16 PowerTools' setup file is under 25 MB in size. In a time where even the most simple one feature apps can be over 100 MB, I think that is far from being "bloated". Also, if there are features in the product you don't want to use, or you consider useless, you can simply choose not to even see them in the UI. You can disable and hide all the main features from the product's UI.

Also, I don't really get it why you keep talking about jv16 PowerTools. This thread is about Uninstalr. If you want to discuss other programs, I suggest you do it in a thread about those other software.

In regards of user feedback about Uninstalr in other forums: The vast majority of that feedback has been positive. There have been some bug reports, which I have all addressed and these issues will be fixed in the next version. Again: If there is some feedback that I have ignored, please, show me what feedback that is exactly and where, and I will address that as soon as I can.

Uninstalr is about 4 MB in size. Again, barely bloatware by any rational standards.

Also, if you have any actual, tangible feedback as to how to make this program better, please feel free to tell me. You say I ignore user feedback, and here I am, asking you to tell me how I can make the program better for you.

Edited by jv16

If anyone have any constructive feedback how to make the program better, please feel free to let me know. An updated version with the one bug reported here will be released later this month.

Uninstalr is a New product, but jv16PowerTools has taken the downturn since the mid of 2000's.

I am sure Uninstalr will follow the same slippery path...

And something last:

By coming here and bashing the ones who see your software as nothing but Bloatware

will further damage the Bad Reputation of your products...

• Bl4ckCyb3rEnigm4 locked this topic
Bl4ckCyb3rEnigm4

To everyone, as reminded by @shwescorpion please avoid posts that are deemed offensive,  that use a strong language or that are off-topic. I removed all the posts since it was really difficult to filter the ones that could be considered ok. Everyone is welcome to make again the posts if they contained contents that are about the software and that aren't against the rules(if someone needs the original post/content of the post they can PM me). I support the freedom of speech as long as it isn't a way to attack each other, so please even if you feel angry etc. maintain the topic clean from posts that are against the rules. Every new post will be checked and if deemed against the rules it'll be removed and if there are repeat offenders they will be banned from the topic. I hope to see constructive and interesting posts that aren't against the rules now on.

All interactions between community members (be it via posts, PM's) should be free from flaming, baiting, spam, profanities and illegal / obscene material,

and as a result should be positive, polite and constructive.

Should you come across something that isn't please use the "Report" button next to a post or contact a staff member via a PM (Reporting Tutorial).

• Bl4ckCyb3rEnigm4 unlocked this topic
On 9/9/2023 at 7:40 AM, pc71520 said:

Uninstalr is a New product, but jv16PowerTools has taken the downturn since the mid of 2000's.

I am sure Uninstalr will follow the same slippery path...

And something last:

By coming here and bashing the ones who see your software as nothing but Bloatware

will further damage the Bad Reputation of your products...

This thread is about Uninstalr. If you have any actual feedback about this program, please feel free to let me know.

Also, I have not bashed anyone. If you claim otherwise, please show exactly which of my comments have exactly been bashing anyone. There has been a lot of bashing going on in this thread, but not by me.

15 hours ago, jv16 said:

Also, I have not bashed anyone. If you claim otherwise, please show exactly which of my comments have exactly been bashing anyone.

There has been a lot of bashing going on in this thread, but not by me.

If you noticed, HERE, I wrote "and something last:"

This means that I am Not going to deal with your Software furthermore.

Other members will do the same, too.

Edited by pc71520

23 hours ago, pc71520 said:

If you noticed, HERE, I wrote "and something last:"

This means that I am Not going to deal with your Software furthermore.

Other members will do the same, too.

If you (or anyone else) have any feedback about how I can make this a better program, please let me know and I will do my best to implement that feedback.

If you want to talk about some other program I have developed, we can do that in a thread about such other programs.