Eset Nod 32 Fix does not work!

Guest nod32-user

Guest nod32-user

Hello Everybody,

i installed the trial version of nod 32 on my pc. I installed the fix, rebooted my pc and nothing happend.. i still have 29 days left in my trail version. (i installed the fix serval times now and no effect :lol: )

Does anybody know what i can do to correct this problem? :sneaky:

• Replies 79
  • Views 54.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thunder-GOLD
Hello Everybody,

i installed the trial version of nod 32 on my pc. I installed the fix, rebooted my pc and nothing happend.. i still have 29 days left in my trail version. (i installed the fix serval times now and no effect :lol: )

Does anybody know what i can do to correct this problem? :sneaky:

I think that you are lying us. the fix WORKS perfectly.

I think that you rebooted before to install the fix :wacko:

actually, some XP users do have a problem with the fix (only confirmed it recently -- thanks Edmond Dantes). i'm still trying to find the direct cause tho, but there is a workaround for it :sneaky:

in NOD32 go to System Tools > Schedular/Planner and edit each FiX entry to look like the following on the very last screen...

nod32fix_1.png

...reboot and enjoy ;)

edit: maybe someone here can tell me, what is that requires some WinXP builds to use regedt32.exe and others use regedit.exe for command line registry importing? :lol:

Fr.jack hackett

Well you could always get your credit card out, and God forbid BUY Nod 32.

Its not like its pricey is it and we all know how good it is. :lol:

Guest nod32-user

Hello Everybody,

Does anybody know what i can do to correct this problem? ;)

I think that you are lying us. the fix WORKS perfectly.

I think that you rebooted before to install the fix :wacko:

I am not lying, why would i do that? I reinstalled nod32 and the fix and rebooted but it is still not working.. I can't really follow you when you say "edit in nod 32".. I know where the scheduled planner is in Nod and then what? :sneaky:

right click each FiX entry, go to Edit and just click next until you get to the screen i posted above :lol:

Guest nod32-user
right click each FiX entry, go to Edit and just click next until you get to the screen i posted above :sneaky:

I understand know what you are saying, i tried it but but i got a error message saying that that file was not found (= %winrar...) Do you know how i could repair this problem? :lol:

Guest nod32-user
it's %windir%, as in directory, not rar :P

that is what i did, windir, i just accidently typt it wrong. Now what can i do to fix it? :frusty:

I noticed when ik go to program files of Nod 32 and merge the fix manually, the fix works! But when i reboot my pc, the trail version is activated again. Do you know what is going on?

Guest gugutz
actually, some XP users do have a problem with the fix (only confirmed it recently -- thanks Edmond Dantes). i'm still trying to find the direct cause tho, but there is a workaround for it :frusty:

in NOD32 go to System Tools > Schedular/Planner and edit each FiX entry to look like the following on the very last screen...

nod32fix_1.png

...reboot and enjoy ;)

edit: maybe someone here can tell me, what is that requires some WinXP builds to use regedt32.exe and others use regedit.exe for command line registry importing? :P

i think i´ve figured it out. i´ve noticed that your reg file starts with the line:

REGEDIT4

that calls for regedt32.exe, witch is the older registry version of MS.

maybe if you change the first line to:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

it will probably work at all winxp builds. at least, for me, i already had problems with regedt32.exe, but regedit.exe (witch uses the Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00 line) never ever fails.

perhaps you could make two Patchs. One for Win9x users, another for WinXP users.

think thats it.

Guest nod32-user
try changing it to:

C:\Windows\regedit.exe (or whatever you windows folder is) :P

I did what you said and i succesfully changes that setting, but there is now direct change..maybe if i reboot now.

I changes also the "edit windows before that last window" in "user logon", is that a good thing? :frusty:

Guest nod32-user

hey,

i wanted to thank everyone that helped me, especially Nsane :P

Because my problem is finally solved :frusty:

i have a problem updating nod32... when it tries to contact servers, it gets a connection error on 90% of servers (and they're online, i tested them) and if it gets the updates.ver, it says "no needed updates", but later i downloaded manually (wuith a web broweser) the update.ver files from each server that nod32 connects to update, and everyone is different from the other, and they're all out of date...

this happens with or without your fix, nsane, and in different computer. my ip is dynamic so i can't be blacklisted.

P.S.

rarely, downloading a update.ver, i get an update version, but i found that everytime i download that file i get a different version, sometimes empty! :P

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks nsane that fixed my problem too.

I never use to get updates it just wouldnt work but now changing the code in the FiX's fixed my problem.

Cheers

i think i´ve figured it out. i´ve noticed that your reg file starts with the line:

REGEDIT4

that calls for regedt32.exe, witch is the older registry version of MS.

maybe if you change the first line to:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

it will probably work at all winxp builds. at least, for me, i already had problems with regedt32.exe, but regedit.exe (witch uses the Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00 line) never ever fails.

perhaps you could make two Patchs. One for Win9x users, another for WinXP users.

think thats it.

Using REGEDIT4 with regedit.exe work in all OS.

Guest Radeon915
Well you could always get your credit card out, and God forbid BUY Nod 32.

Its not like its pricey is it and we all know how good it is. :angry:

But the problem is, not all people have credit cards :P

I had the same problem, but after I used the workaround it worked like a charm. Thanks a lot!

...Altough I don't get why it didn't work, as it worked on this same copy of windows before with no problems..

• 3 weeks later...

Just installed NOD32 today with the nsane fix v2.1.

And it works great, no problems whatsoever.

But there seems to float a version of the fix on the internet that incluids a backdoor trojan.

If you've got the fix here you will not have this problem :P

I have made nsane aware of the location where this bad fix is located :evil:

1+1=FG ;) ;)

I have made nsane aware of the location where this bad fix is located ;)

why dont u let us to know? " we'd be glad to be aware of such location..." :P

I have made nsane aware of the location where this bad fix is located ;)

why dont u let us to know? " we'd be glad to be aware of such location..." ;)

www.9down.com is one :P

Archived