Moving Windows.

Herobrine
Go to solution Solved by Herobrine,

Hi

I need a little help as I cant find the right answer to my question on google (probably because its not possible due to the hidden partitons windows make when you set it up?). 

I recently upgraded to a larger SDD because I was becoming sick and tired with dual booting Windows 11 on a separate spare HDD.  Oh boy is the boot up time painful on that.  My Windows 10 is already sitting happy booting on the SDD and I wanted to move my installed Windows 11 onto this new SDD freespace.  Can you name a sys cloner that will move it for me?  I already tried Macrim Reflect with the W11 image I made in case things go wrong but that of course wants to use the whole SDD space wiping out my windows 10 and uefi boot partitions.  Is it not possible to put windows 11 onto the same drive and dual boot without reinstalling and starting again from scratch?

Thanks

• Replies 2
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Herobrine

• lurch234

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, Herobrine said:

wants to use the whole SDD space wiping out my windows 10 and uefi boot partitions.

When I moved my Win 10 to it's new SSD home I first thought of cloning it but it would have wiped my external HDD. So I imaged it and copied everything on the available partition.

• Solution

Solved:

Once I logged into my Windows 11 I used Aomei backupper to system clone the drive (including the boot partitions) to the spare unpartitioned space on my SDD.  It did the job well.  Now have both Windows 10 and Windows 11 on the same SDD.

Edited by Herobrine