Customize Office installation

tistou77

Hello all

Sorry in advance if this is not the right place to ask this.

I'm currently using Office 2016 Standard (just need Word and Excel)
And I remove the components from this window on installation (image taken from internet)

1.png.26af32d2bdc6d7b5f1a3fb5a07bd5d7d.png

With the 2019 and later versions, there are only the C2R versions and choosing the components to install is not as "complete" (with ODT)
Will there be a solution to have the same results as with "msi" style installations (like office 2016) ?

Thanks for you help

5 hours ago, tistou77 said:

"msi" style installations

Not Possible

5 hours ago, tistou77 said:

Will there be a solution to have the same results as with "msi" style installations (like office 2016) ?

Your best bet is YAOCTRI by abbodi1406 @MDL

Download link

Spoiler

Site: https://github.com
Sharecode [?]: /abbodi1406/WHD/blob/master/scripts/YAOCTRI_v10.6.zip

Edited by kyber
download link
  • Like 1

bigbrother

Curious...can you explain "not as complete"?

As for offline installation of M$ Off 2k19, have you tried the downloading the .img file then mounting and/or extracting to install?

@kyber Thanks, I had already tried and from memory it was not conclusive, but I will try again (it may have changed since)

@bigbrother In fact with the Office 2016 installation (with the installation customization window), Office has a size of about 800MB on disk (Word and Excel)
With 2019 or 2021, it's more than 2GB (Word and Excel) using ODT

With 2016, I can remove many more components from the installation

What do you mean by "then mounting and/or extracting to install" ?

Thanks for your help

bigbrother
12 hours ago, tistou77 said:

What do you mean by "then mounting and/or extracting to install" ?

If you download the complete .img file then mount it to a virtual drive and/or extract it to a temporary directory, you can initiate the Office install without using a app to download it from the web.

As of late, I've not tested this method, however you may or may not have a "more complete" choice of options during the install routine.

Simply making the suggestion based upon your request.

~Cheers~

Yes I download the image and can open it with Winrar or other
But I still don't see how to do a custom install. 😁

I will try again with YAOCTRI

On 5/13/2023 at 1:46 PM, tistou77 said:

I will try again with YAOCTRI

Try it or very simple, you will be surprised 😀

Or alternatively, you can use KMS tools by Ratiborus. It offers to install individual office products. It has a GUI. Can also be use for other purpose 🙂

Thanks for your help

I tested  YAOCTRIR again, and nothing new since the last time I tested it, many more components can be removed with the "msi" installation of the 2016

What I "remove" from the installation with 2016

Capture.PNG.0f254a6f8f0209bcebcaf14cf88538a8.PNG  Capture2.PNG.935a38ae33e24f797dd3f82da160cc90.PNG  Capture3.PNG.b9aa46008f101320ed69ca14382586ff.PNG

And in addition, there is always this C2R service with these versions😁

I will see if I keep the 2016 or if I switch to the 2021
Currently I am bothered with the MAK key of the 2016, the next installation, I will have to find a new key (I changed a component in my PC)

Edited by tistou77

bigbrother

Curious...if you ONLY want/need Excel & Word, have you considered the stand-alone image files instead of disabling everything in the office suite?

@bigbrother

Yes I just downloaded the Word image and the Excel image, but with the 2019 and 2021 versions, it seems that the image is complete (with all the components)
Or are you talking about the 2016 version?

Maybe I'll get used to the idea and install the 2021 version with the components that I don't need (the ones that I remove with the 2016 like languages, Graph, Query, etc....) and the C2R service mandatory

Otherwise, the Office team no longer helps with the activation of the 2016 versions ?
Just the 2019 and 2021 versions in "Requests"

Thanks for your help

Edited by tistou77

On 5/22/2023 at 10:37 PM, tistou77 said:

2016 versions

I will see what I can do

Regards

Edited by kyber

Thanks so much for your help, if I choose "Office products", then "Add new request", in the drop-down list, there is no Office 2016
What should I choose ?

At the moment I haven't installed the new component (SSD) yet and reinstall Windows, so no need for a new Office 2016 MAK activation
I still use the one that a nice forumer gave me on this forum 1 or 2 years ago and I activate with the CID
The number of activation of the key being "limited" I prefer to ask when I need it ;)

And if I decide to switch to the 2019 or 2021 version, I will have a retail license 

Regards

Edited by tistou77

• 2 weeks later...

Hello

For 2021, if I understood correctly, all ISOs have the same content ?
If I use the ODT or YAOCTRI to just keep Word and Excel, it doesn't matter if I use Office Home and Student or Pro Plus ?
In the end, exactly the same thing will be installed (no additional components / files with the Pro Plus for example ) ?

Thanks for your help

On 5/25/2023 at 11:40 PM, tistou77 said:

And if I decide to switch to the 2019 or 2021 version, I will have a retail license 

You cannot change edition all edition have different license key and can't be upgraded.

47 minutes ago, tistou77 said:

For 2021, if I understood correctly, all ISOs have the same content ?

yes

If I use the ODT or YAOCTRI to just keep Word and Excel, it doesn't matter if I use Office Home and Student or Pro Plus ?

NO it matters as all iso edition have different SKU and hence different license key like home and student, pro plus etc. a key for home and student cannot be used for pro plus and vice a versa even though you only use word and excel.

In the end, exactly the same thing will be installed (no additional components / files with the Pro Plus for example ) ?

yes

Edited by kyber

29 minutes ago, kyber said:

NO it matters as all iso edition have different SKU and hence different license key like home and student, pro plus etc. a key for home and student cannot be used for pro plus and vice a versa even though you only use word and excel.

Yes I know for the licenses, I'm just talking about the content of the ISO and what will be installed between these 2 versions (just installed Word and Excel)
And you answered me that it will be exactly the same below

Being able to have a Pro Plus license cheaper than a Home and Studend, I would take the Pro Plus if exactly the same thing is installed as with the H&S (no additional components)

Thanks for your help