PPVM Help

dabourzannan

dabourzannan

I have some videos I made years back and protected them with "Password Protect Video Master", can't remember which version I used and I don't have it any more. Now I still have the password I can open and watch them, but I'm unable to open them for editing, they are with a .exe extension and I need to decrypt one of them to edit it.

Can I get some help please, and thanks in advance.

46 minutes ago, dabourzannan said:

I have some videos I made years back and protected them with "Password Protect Video Master", can't remember which version
Can I get some help please, and thanks in advance.

I don't know how long ago you did them. Not sure if this will work. 

Spoiler

Site: https://www.mirrored.to
Sharecode [?]: /files/0CCJTHQB/Password.Protect.Video.Master.8.0.rar_links

• Thanks 1

dabourzannan

@flash13 First thank you for taking the time to help me and excuse me for the late feed back, I had to attend to an urgent business.
The file are with an .exe extension and it is confusing that one can not open them with the same application that formed them in the first place. I really can't remember how they were made, it was a joint work with a friend whom is better than me, he helped me a lot and sadely I can't reach him now.
Anyways I'll keep trying for a day or two and if I couldn't I'll then have to make a new one. 

18 minutes ago, dabourzannan said:

@flash13 First thank you for taking the time to help me and excuse me for the late feed back, I had to attend to an urgent business.

Not a problem. I hope your bossiness was resolved to your satisfaction.

I am not sure of exactly you are trying to do. Maybe this is what you need ?

Site: http://www.password-protect-video.com
Sharecode [?]: /video/restore-encrypted-video-file.wmv

• Thanks 1

Had a look at the website where the program comes from. Downloaded a video tut that shows how to decrypt your video file.

If you still have the password the program will do it for you. And your files "should" be backwards compatible.

The caveat is that the program costs $99 on sale! And I don't know if the trial will let you decrypt your stuff

• Thanks 1

@dabourzannan

You might be in luck. This comes from the "Internet Archive" so it should be clean ( I hope! )

PasswordProtectVideoMaster..V7.2.5Full..AEAY.AEAY

Site: https://www.mirrored.to
Sharecode [?]: /files/0XA1M4TP/Password_Protect_Video_Master___v7.2.5___full_AEAY.AEAY.rar_links

Edited by lurch234
  • Thanks 1

dabourzannan

@flash13 and @lurch234 

Thank guys for your help, I was unable to open the video to modify it because I do not have the "encryption key", the one that I have is the "playback key". I'm sorry if the info I gave you was misleading as I mention a friend of mine did the encryption for me and I didn't know how it was done. This guy is unreachable for now, he left the country.

I'll not waste more time in this as trying to open the .exe file to find the encryption key is beyond my knowledge. I sure appreciate you efforts very much.