Zippyshare Resurrected?

Mystique
Go to solution Solved by BluePT,

I'm at a loss here but wasn't zippyshare shut down? Was the ownership transferred to someone else (noting the new url) or have they changed their minds and relaunched the website and service again. It does appear to be a little different too. Any info on this please.
Sorry if this post is off topic. I just find this important and would not be offended if it be moved/discussed in another thread.
Thanks.

• Like 3

• Matrix changed the title to Zippyshare Resurrected?
  • Matrix pinned this topic

T

5 hours ago, BluePT said:

@Mystique It appears someone from zippyshare staff or related to it,  ressurected the project, with a slightly different layout and a new address: https://zippysha.re/. In this moment, there are no more news about this!

Thanks for the feedback and keeping us up to date with this. It completely flew under the radar for me. I was not expecting this at all and felt like it was all over. It is a bit unusual/different in how it behaves so far but its not too bad. The antivirus scan is neat but kinda annoying in the line of uploads sometimes as we all know about False Positives also.

I really wish them much longevity and success with this if it stays as well as the old zippyshare we all know and love. I wonder if there are any geo locks on this one this time. I know many people would love for it to be unlocked particularly if it was as good as the old zippyshare.

Edited by Mystique

Until we know more for certain I wouldn't put it past the authorities to put up a fake lookie likie web site to catch copyright offenders but thats just me being paranoid in today's digital world.

@Herobrine If they want, they have more easy ways to track you... lol

@derekjohnson All this domains refered by you are registered at Sarek Yo Finland registrar (the equivalent of GoDaddy's in Finland)  with servers in Sweden. It seems all of them belongs to the same company:

address:                       PrivActually Ltd
address:                       Arch. Makariou III, 42E
address:                       1065 Nicosia

Original zippyshare have servers in France and the registrar is from Canada. Original Zippyshare owner (costumer 0113184702 - Country of origin: Cyprus - adress unknown.

Coincidence? May be... 

• Like 2

• 8 months later...