Windows 7 admin password recovery, how??

wozzzzza
Go to solution Solved by kasper,

have an old windows 7 computer that has an admin account and a user account, we know the user account but we need to get the admin account, but cant remember password, is there a way to reset this password without losing data?

• Replies 10
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wozzzzza

• kasper

• Dark Monkey

• PriSim

• Solution

try this 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Dark Monkey

if still having problems, (did you try youtube method above ?)

you can use some PE disk with password recovery tools

copy to usb device, boot from USB

and do the doing

I can help you with links if nececery

Official MediCat USB - A Multiboot Linux USB for PC Repair

https://gbatemp.net/threads/medicat-usb-a-multiboot-linux-usb-for-pc-repair.361577/

- Jayro's Lockpick - A Bootable Password Removal Suite (WinPE)

https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-jayros-lockpick-a-bootable-password-removal-suite-winpe.579278/

Edited by Dark Monkey

On 3/20/2023 at 7:40 PM, kasper said:

try this 

this works, but it only gives me one shot at it as the command prompt disappears after about 1 minute then i have to do the process again, half hour it takes.

i have changed the Administrator password but when i log in the account has been disabled. the PC is part of a domain. it has another username of "win7admin" as well as Administrator.  it appears to have a domain name of T-007.

what syntax do i use to change the passwords of these admin accounts for local PC?  "net user win7admin * /T-007"  doesnt work neither does "net user T-007/win7admin *" 

Edited by wozzzzza

2 hours ago, wozzzzza said:

this works, but it only gives me one shot at it as the command prompt disappears after about 1 minute then i have to do the process again, half hour it takes.

i have changed the Administrator password but when i log in the account has been disabled. the PC is part of a domain. it has another username of "win7admin" as well as Administrator.  it appears to have a domain name of T-007.

what syntax do i use to change the passwords of these admin accounts for local PC?  "net user win7admin * /T-007"  doesnt work neither does "net user T-007/win7admin *" 

ok try this 

7 hours ago, kasper said:

ok try this 

this is same as your other video.

ive even tried adding a new admin user, wont work as no domain server located. it appears unless there is a domain server this computer can connect to nothing seems to work

24 minutes ago, wozzzzza said:

this is same as your other video.

ive even tried adding a new admin user, wont work as no domain server located. it appears unless there is a domain server this computer can connect to nothing seems to work

ok use live liveusb https://www.isumsoft.com/windows-7/windows-7-password-reset-without-disk.html

Edited by kasper

i did manage to get this working, when i was logging in as admin i had the slash the wrong way on the login and didnt work, all working now

thanks.