iPhone Xr new battery alert

LM3

Moved from Mobile News, questions about mobile phones belong better here.

56 minutes ago, LM3 said:

Has anyone figured a way to Apple's "Important Battery Message" alert from an iPhone?

Few Questions:

• Can you be more specific with details so I may better assist you?
  • Do you have battery health issue?
  • Have you already had the battery changed and see a message?

Notes:

When the Apple iPhone battery health reaches about 80% or lower the IOS will indicate "Service".

However, this does not mean the battery is defective, the IOS simply keeps track of charge/cycle counts and reports on it.

At about 80% or lower battery health, you'll notice shorter run times between charges on the iPhone.

If you've already had the iPhone battery changed and you're seeing a message "Unknown Part !" in the IOS.

The iPhone no longer recognizes the removed Apple OEM battery with TI (Texas Instruments) board, which was registered with the mainboard at the factory.

Typically, you see the battery health reset by having an Apple OEM battery installed by an authorized Apple service provider, who has access to Apple OEM parts and Apples proprietary software to register the replacement battery with mainboard in the iPhone so the IOS properly sees and reports on it.

However, some people may or may not have or had Apple Care and simply have an aftermarket battery installed for the sake of cost and conveneience.

This by no means harms the iPhone and the battery may or may not be of the same quality.

However, the IOS will always indicate "Unknown Part !" for aftermarket batteries.

Keep in mind, there are some workarounds.

Some repair shops with a Trained Technician and a spot welder can remove the TI board from the OEM battery and attach it to the aftermarket battery prior to installation, negating the need to have the battery registered to the mainboard on the iPhone.

Please let me know if you have any more questions and/or concerns.

I hope this helps some!

~Cheers~

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, LM3 said:

I had the battery replaced with a non-Apple battery.

FYI: There's absolutely nothing wrong with your iPhone then!

As I previously stated above, the IOS is simply reporting the replacement battery as "Unknown Part !", which is normal for IOS 15.2 or greater.

Note: You may see exact same message if you ever have the screen repaired with an aftermarket screen.

Most iPhone users typically have their battery changed about every 2-3 years on average.

So you can create a calendar event on you iPhone to remind you of this or just keep track of how often you have to recharge your iPhone until you notice a frequency change.

Keep in mind, this is subjective, given the condition of the iPhone, current IOS and especially how close your are to the mobile network.

Note: Any phone, especially the iPhone will consumer much more battery power when searching for a mobile network.

This is especially important for anyone living in a rural area further from the cellular tower.

Important Note:

Just like an aftermarket screen replacement, this aftermarket battery change does NOT impact your trade-in with most major carriers either.

Again, I hope this helps!

~Cheers~

Edited by bigbrother

even if u replaced your Iphone battery to original (OEM) one it will show you the same (almost) message ,in Iphones u hv some parts with the same part numbers as the motherboard so even if replacement procedure was made in sertified service in options u'll see the message the battery was replaced to OEM one,only 1 way to fix this is replace a controller from old OEM battery to new OEM or aftermarket one.  same situation with the sreen and cameras (depends of generation of the device) replacement .I know about Chinese programmin' tool and software but it won't hide all of this. not a big deal actually (if a new battery is quality one for sure).

Edited by gipsy
typo