eBay buying

ejams

If I'm buying a HDTV on eBay what do I look out for?

I've found ALOT of cheap Samsung ones but I don't know if it's safe to spend 800 or more dollars on.

If they have NO buyer comments.. Do I stay away?

Like this HDTV Samsung HDTV

• Replies 6
  • Views 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

to fix the link you need to drop the "http://" off the front end

and I dont know if I like the seller they are selling that same TV 4 times and 2 other TV's twice. Either they are a fake or they got them all reallllllly cheap.

All of the sellers comments are buys from yesterday, knida worries me, also all the people they bought from have very low #'s of comments as well. Might want to pay with paypal if you do choose to buy so at least there is some security. Also try to email them to see what they say. Just my advice.

their commented sellers are dropping off the registred users many of the sellers themselves have comments left just days ago by no longer register users. you might want to watch out! oh and all the comments were left within a 30 minute period. NOT LOOKING GOOD!

1. if it's too good to be true, it probably is

2. as apc said, check their user rating/comments. if they've been their for a while and have a good rating you're probably safe (i'm at the point i'll only buy from people with 2000+ cofirmed sales -- but i rarely use ebay for anything)

3. don't give them your credit card/checking info, insist on using ebay's internal routines (this is trivial -- you should NEVER give out that info!)

that's all i can think of atm...

Archived