Ventoy 1.0.88

Matt

• 1 month later...

I want to give this program a shot to install my Windows 11 and such. Should I use the default Exfat and MBR which is the default? I will also use it for my Installer files which it says you can do after install. I thought Windows 10/11 needs GPT partitions not MBR? I read there site and it really didn't answer my ? and most was over my head. It says after install I can reformat a partition. It says after install I can reformat it to NTFS?  Is it then booting for installs using that hidden partition? Would I then reformat the drive to GPT/NTFS using the same program? I have larger than the 2GB files I want to add to it later.

Edited by uffbros
Added stuff

Ventoy lets you boot any ISO you want. You can put some in, add or delete others, without having to make any other changes to your pendrive. You no longer have to reformat anything.
Install Ventoy just at first on your pendrive leaving the default options and then copy your ISOs (e.g. Windows 11, SergeiStrelec, other PE's) into it, then boot your pc from it and have fun. In the initial menu choose your Windows 11 ISO and the classic installation will start: if you are installing 11 on old BIOS machine you will get only MBR mode, on new UEFI machine you will get GPT mode 

So while I did like every scheme you can do I can boot to the flash drive and select the USB flash drive but it goes to some error that I didn't write down so I just deleted everything and gave up. I formatted it in every way and they all booted to that error. I have a very fast new home-built computer with UEFI Bios and all my installs these days are to nothing lower than Windows 10 machines and no 32 bit OS's at that. Just wanted to know whether the USB install flash drive needed to be done MBR or GPT. So I take it's not the flash drive that determines what the computer with windows is installed for...It's what that computer hard drive is currently partitioned for GPT or MBR that decides what the flash drive does. Am I correct?

With Rufus it makes you a bootable USB stick but it makes it by using your furnished .iso so you DONT drag your .iso into the folder and then it does the rest. I would like it but I get errors when I boot with Ventoy. My original question was was I picking wrong format from Ventoy but I tried them all and get same result. Now I was using a 128GB stick and wonder if that is the problem?? I use even a different program someone made to make my sticks now anyways. Here is what I use now. It just plain old works. It only does windows and not other things like Strelec Boot .iso and such.

https://forums.mydigitallife.net/threads/win10-setup-disk-works-with-uefi-secure-boot-bios-install-wim-over-4-gb.79268/

I hope my link is ok this way because it's not a crack and from my understanding you can do it this way for my purpose here. If not move it please.

What is the error you have when you boot with Ventoy?
I think there must be something wrong with your pendrive and it needs a full format

On 2/17/2023 at 6:47 PM, uffbros said:

I hope my link is ok this way [...]

Just to confirm that's fine (sharecode are only for them).

About Ventoy ? Perhaps I will try this software one day because by the past, I have already use Easy2Boot (aka E2B). But first of all, I had to find the time to reinstall my OS.

8 hours ago, TheEmpathicEar said:

Just to be clear, this works with WIN11?

it works perfectly