Malwarebytes buggy software and even bigger is their ego

cell0ne

I bought this twice and each time it used to turn as free version automatically and each time I need to disable current working device and need to enable same again and again. 5 days back I bought it again and it started happening as usual, I sent 5 images to support team and without solving any problem/feedback they issued straight away refund to me.

Think twice before buying this buggy software even after you see some 40% discount in it, it is a pain, real pain.

11 hours ago, pc71520 said:

I've ONLY used it as a Secondary (i.e. on-Demand) Scanner.

Nothing more. ;)

so what is your front line defense?

On 12/30/2022 at 8:00 AM, cell0ne said:

I bought this twice and each time it used to turn as free version automatically and each time I need to disable current working device and need to enable same again and again. 5 days back I bought it again and it started happening as usual, I sent 5 images to support team and without solving any problem/feedback they issued straight away refund to me.

Think twice before buying this buggy software even after you see some 40% discount in it, it is a pain,real pain

I'm unsure how long ago you purchased Malwarebytes, but this information may be of possible interest.

The issue was apparently fixed this past November.

https://forums.malwarebytes.com/topic/287386-restart-message-is-showing-mb-free-while-i-have-premium/

Notes:

Additionally, if you were already experiencing issues with your operation system such as possible malware infection this may or may not have impacted your internet connection, which may or may not cause issue with registering Malwarebytes.

Alternatively, you may give Sophos Hitman Pro / Alert a try.

Hope this helps!

~Good luck~

Edited by bigbrother
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

don't know why but it’s been a long time that i haven’t found a crack of this software, and the keys found here and there don’t work

Edited by shwescorpion
Removed text format as dark theme user unable to see the text.

• 1 month later...

As you can read (from the last link), the Beta is open since a few months (another waste ? Probably according to several feedbacks)..

To resume I won't change my opinion : for a second analyse, the MBAM-v2 was the good choice (which doesn't receive any update anymore sic... Because "officially" the support was drop in may 2022).

• 1 month later...
On 2/22/2023 at 2:49 PM, Ecarion said:

that link to latest Malwarebytes 4.x version requires the SHA-2 updates like KB4474419 & KB4490628 if running Win7 SP1.
https://forums.malwarebytes.com/topic/272789-resolved-plans-for-deprecation-of-sha-1-code-signing-win-xp-and-vista/
https://forums.malwarebytes.com/topic/273172-a-missing-security-update-is-required-to-update-mb-what-still-updates/

here's the latest Malwarebytes 4.x download link that does not require the SHA-2 W7 updates (v4.3.0.218):
https://downloads.malwarebytes.com/file/mb4_sha-1

Edited by erp-ster0

• Matt changed the title to Malwarebytes buggy software and even bigger is their ego