unable to upgrade to windows 11 22h2 error code 0x80888002

ilcorsaro73

good evening first of all I apologize if this is not the right section to post yesterday I tried to update my computer with windows 11 21h2 to the latest build 22h2 via Windows 11 installation assistant then run the file Windows11InstallationAssistant.exe. but after checking the hardware compatibility with positive result the installation stopped with the message "there is a problem select and try again. if the problem persists contact microsoft technical support for assistance error code 0x80888002" I have already tried without success to:

1.disactivate / uninstall the antivirus with your removal tool

2.disconnect all hardware peripherals uninstalling the drivers

3. run sfc and DSIM to repair any corrupt system files

4. restart windows 11 21h2 by deactivating all non-microsoft services via msconfig and run the windows 22h2 iso from the microsoft site by launching the setup and performing an in-place reinstallation directly from windows 11 21h2

5. restart the windows update service using the appropriate tool

6.Download and run update KB5017321 directly from the Microsoft Update Catalog but the error message is always present and the update crashes. I thank anyone in advance who can give me a solution

this my build hw pc

cpu intel i9900k

mb Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro WiFi bios f12

ram 32gb ddr4 3000 mhz

psu corsair 750w 80+

ssd sabrent nvme 1tb

ssd kingston 240gb sata III

hdd seagate 2 TB, 7200 RPM, SATA-III

hdd toshiba 1 TB, 7200 RPM, SATA-III

video card Radeon RX 570 4 GB ddr5

pioneer BD-RW BDR-209D

Windows Build/Version Windows 11 Pro 21H2 build 22000.1042
security kaspersky total security 21.3.10.391

check.jpg

errore 2022-09-21 222055.jpg

Edited by ilcorsaro73

57 minutes ago, WebMan said:

Try to install this one - Controllo integrità PC 😎

nothing to do I've followed your suggest of reinstall Windows 11 Integrity Check Software but the result is always the same please see the posted images below

Immagine 2022-09-26 211215.gif

Immagine 2022-09-26 211249.gif

It's very difficult to figure out what your exact problem is, but I can list for you what the problem usually is.
1. the pc you want to update must be clean and tidy (very important), including these two folders must be empty before downloading the updates
%windir%\Softwaredistribution\Download and
%windir%\servicing\LCU
2. the internet connection must be good and stable
3. all other peripherals and external devices must be removed
4. if you have installed any third-party antivirus or other anti-malware, it must be set to a position where real-time checking and scanning is disabled - in simpler terms, it must be turned off.
In case, as if everything is fine, but it still doesn't work (it happens sometimes), you have to download the original .iso and do a new installation onplace install or full new clean install. In general, you can keep your files, but not apps and settings.
If doing onplace upgrade and Your drive is encrypted, is recommended to suspend for example bitlocker or what ever You use.
It is recommended to do a completely clean installation, but in both cases you need to make a backup copy of your files or copy them, for example, to another partition or somewhere else.
You can download from here
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows11
If something is still confusing, check out this guide

https://www.windowslatest.com/2022/09/20/download-windows-11-22h2-iso-images/

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Kalju said:

It's very difficult to figure out what your exact problem is, but I can list for you what the problem usually is.
1. the pc you want to update must be clean and tidy (very important), including these two folders must be empty before downloading the updates
%windir%\Softwaredistribution\Download and
%windir%\servicing\LCU
2. the internet connection must be good and stable
3. all other peripherals and external devices must be removed
4. if you have installed any third-party antivirus or other anti-malware, it must be set to a position where real-time checking and scanning is disabled - in simpler terms, it must be turned off.
In case, as if everything is fine, but it still doesn't work (it happens sometimes), you have to download the original .iso and do a new installation onplace install or full new clean install. In general, you can keep your files, but not apps and settings.
If doing onplace upgrade and Your drive is encrypted, is recommended to suspend for example bitlocker or what ever You use.
It is recommended to do a completely clean installation, but in both cases you need to make a backup copy of your files or copy them, for example, to another partition or somewhere else.
You can download from here
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows11
If something is still confusing, check out this guide

https://www.windowslatest.com/2022/09/20/download-windows-11-22h2-iso-images/

thanks for the answer but if you read my main post except deleting the contents of the folders you suggested everything has already been done without success 😞 regardless if I use the installation assistant of windows 11 or I download the iso 22h2 and try an on-site installation the result always appears to me the same message as if it could not verify the hardware requirements I also contacted the microsoft assistance who performed a check of my pc through the quick assistance app and they replied that there is no is nothing wrong with my pc and I have to wait for the official release via windows update 🙄

@ilcorsaro73

• Look, I didn't really suggest anything to you, I just told you what the common reasons are
  • also I didn't recommend using any installation assistant,because they won't work in damaged system
  • your computer may really be perfectly fine, but your current OP is not, it is damaged
  • what official release should you expect if the link I posted for you is a completely official microsoft server link
  • Finally - you could take this suggestion from Microsoft as some kind of weird joke
  • But at the end, if you want, wait, but I can tell you right here and now that this is not as "a simple flu" that will heal itself over 7 days.

At this time, if you truly desire to move from Win 11 Build 21H2 to Win 11 Build 22H2, the current "upgrade" process may not be so clean and thorough as one would expect.

Suggest you conduct a "clean" install (only if you truly wish to upgrade at this time)

• 1. Backup/Save any important files from your primary SSD (typically where Windows is installed)
  • 2. Forget about using any M$ assistants and download the Win11 Build 22H2 ISO
  • 3. Create a bootable thumb drive with Rufus
  • 4. Power down your PC
  • 5. Disconnect and/or remove any non-primary components:
    • (2) Memory sticks if currently using (4) sticks
    • GPU card(s) (not to worry, you'll be using onboard GPU during reinstall)
    • SSD'(s)/HHD'(s)
    • Optical drive(s)
  • 6. Leaving ONLY the following components:
    • Motherboard
    • CPU
    • Memory [(2) primary sticks ONLY]
    • SSD
    • PSU
  • 7. Boot to newly created thumb drive with Win 11 Build 22H2
  • 8. Install Win 11 & applicable drivers ONLY
  • 9. Now, "one-by-one", reintroduce each of your disconnected and/or removed components (starting with the following)
    • Memory modules first (ONLY if 2 were removed)
    • GPU card(s)
    • SSD's/HHD's (one at time if you wish to easily control drive letter assignment (yes, I know this can be done all at once)
    • Optical drive(s)
  • 10. If an issue surfaces during the re-installation of a previously removed component, then shut-down remove and retest

I do hope this helps and provides you some form of success!!

~Cheers~

Edited by bigbrother

• 5 months later...