I found one change completely by accident...

Kalju

I found a change completely by accident that I don't know had been talked about somewhere.
Namely, you can no longer log in with the user's name, but the login page requires an email and only that. There is nothing to do with username no more.
At first I thought it was related to the just released and installed forum software update to IPS Community Suite 4.7.2
But then it turned out that this is also not possible, because the last update here has been more than a year ago when was installed 4.6.9
So, dear users and members, if you've forgotten which email you used to create an account, find it quicly and remember it also quickly, otherwise you won't be able to log in at some point.

NB! Sorry, If it's the wrong place, move it to a better place if needed. Namely, I'm not allowed post everywhere, that's why this place have been chosen.

Edited by Kalju

• Kalju changed the title to I found one change completely by accident...

We have disabled sign in using your "Display Name" due to safety concerns, and going forward, you may only sign in here using your "Email Address". If you have any questions or want any type of assistance, don't hesitate to get in touch with us using the support ticket. If you forgot your email address and cannot sign in, simply create a new user and contact us using the support ticket.

kaptjXN.jpg

Edited by psyko666
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Kalju said:

I found a change completely by accident that I don't know had been talked about somewhere.

Lol!!!  Didn't see the forum header?  u62P2Bk.jpg

5 hours ago, lurch234 said:

Lol!!!  Didn't see the forum header?  u62P2Bk.jpg

Absolutely true. Of course, I didn't see it, haven't seen it and I still don't see it now. Do you really think I needed just one more post???
A very naive opinion. Besides, it doesn't bother me at all, but the notifications and anouncements could still be visible to everyone.
My only reason for posting was that many people use and have used random or temporary email accounts and at some point they may be caught by surprise, they simply can't log in nomore, ie after they delete their browser cookies or the current sookies expires. Therefore, this notice is for informational purposes only.
And please note that so far I don't see any information about this anywhere. But good luck to you and everyone who sees it.

PS! And of course, I really like this mocking attitude and very meaningful illustrative pictures. Thank you, dear good person, for taking the trouble to inform an old person, who himself no longer understands anything and can't see anything!

Thanks again.

Your account has been locked for security reasons

spacer.png spacer.png spacer.png
spacer.png Nsane Forums spacer.png
spacer.png spacer.png spacer.png
spacer.png
Hi Kalju,

We have detected 3 failed log in attempts to your account from xx.yyy.zzz.000.

If this wasn't you, someone else may be trying to access your account. These log in attempts were unsuccessful. You may however want to change your password for greater security, especially if you use the same password on other websites.

If this was you, you can safely ignore this email and you will be able to sign in again at 09/15/2022 07:51 AM.

Take a look how much joy, see now got again sign in. It wasn't me, but who was? I was logged in and read topics when at one moment was logged off and got this message. 

And for a long time it will continue, I don't know.So if I don't answer to someone, then know, I can't again.

So, I wish good luck to everyone!

7 hours ago, Kalju said:

PS! And of course, I really like this mocking attitude and very meaningful illustrative pictures. Thank you, dear good person, for taking the trouble to inform an old person, who himself no longer understands anything and can't see anything!

Just sending back the love to you like you have done to so many others.  :duh:

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, lurch234 said:

Just sending back the love to you like you have done to so many others.  :duh:

... but good luck to you, the main thing is that you feel so much joy from all this!

Your wisdom and goodness have not been shown for a long time!

Enjoy your chest, tomorrow may be too late, I may be dead by tomorrow.

Hurry before not too late!

PS! Do you want me to give you some "Likes" for this hard work too? How much would your kindness be worth?

For the goodness sakes, I'm not pity for anything!

3 minutes ago, Kalju said:

PS! Do you want me to give you some "Likes" for this hard work too?

Well, if it's not an inconvenience I wouldn't mind :P

• Administrator

@Kalju We have announced about this change, and we did already give a solution in case any member whoever forgot the email address he/she used to register in here. 

20 hours ago, Kalju said:

the last update here has been more than a year ago when was installed 4.6.9

Wrong information because last update was just 10 months ago. 

7 hours ago, Kalju said:

see now got again sign in. It wasn't me, but who was?

It was you who attempts these three unsuccessful logins because there were from same IP address, browser, and device.  If you feel there is anything wrong with your account, feel free to contact us privately using the support feature.

https://nsaneforums.com/forum/128-support/

Topic is locked. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Matt locked this topic