Jump to content

End of IDM (Internet Download Manager)


BTJB
 Share


Go to solution Solved by lurch234,

Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, BTJB said:

In short - they say that they completed the IDM and no bugs, no new features, no browsers changes and updates found. Nothing new in the web. :secret::tooth: :D

 

In short they're only rumors that's often just fake news it happens don't worry about it mate ask yourself if he'd really died why hide it ?

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites


1 hour ago, Matrix said:

In short they're only rumors that's often just fake news it happens don't worry about it mate ask yourself if he'd really died why hide it ?

 

They form a team that will continue the project. That's it. The boss has left. How much clearer to understand that the program has been abandoned, even temporarily? The leader doesn't exist for me.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


34 minutes ago, BTJB said:

They form a team that will continue the project. That's it.

 

They call that having your cake and eating too mate you had better start a new topic then and name it "The boss has left IDM"

oh yea don't forget the part he died in an accident right :o

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites


19 minutes ago, Matrix said:

 

They call that having your cake and eating too mate you had better start a new topic then and name it "The boss has left IDM"

oh yea don't forget the part he died in an accident right :o

 

Your statement is ridiculous, given that it happens suddenly and that the termination is unexpected. No one is immune to a return. We're talking about an accident here. And that's not intended, obviously. The only consolation is that there is someone to continue the project. But it will hardly be like before. No Boss, no IDM. :hypocrite: Only students around.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


40 minutes ago, BTJB said:

 

Your statement is ridiculous, given that it happens suddenly and that the termination is unexpected. No one is immune to a return. We're talking about an accident here. And that's not intended, obviously. The only consolation is that there is someone to continue the project. But it will hardly be like before. No Boss, no IDM. :hypocrite: Only students around.

 

I'm ridiculous its not my credibility on the line here you've had plenty to say without any proof we're not buying what your selling.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites


DesertFox1

IDM is not run by one person, it's owned by a large corporation (Tonec).  Even if this rumor is true, they will carry on.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites


4 hours ago, Matrix said:

 

only consolation is that there is someone to continue the project. But it will hardly be like before. No Boss, no IDM. :hypocrite: Only students around.

As @Matrikssays above. because:

 

each person is unique and irreplaceable.

 

"The untimely death of a business owner can leave a business in shambles. Companies at any stage may struggle without the leadership of their owners."

Edited by vitorio
Link to comment
Share on other sites


10 hours ago, debebee said:

like Apple? 

 

I believe Steve Jobs death didn't kill the company.. 

 

👉 Differentiate between small and large businesses! Businesses with hundreds or thousands and businesses with a few, for example 8 people. It is quite possible that for given program works only one person and the rest are his assistants who do not have the knowledge of the source code in module or the whole program. So far they have given suggestions or applied some of their little knowledge. They have yet to explore what he bequeathed to them.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


Quote

 

Tonec's headquarters is in Huntington Beach, California. Tonec has a revenue of $15.1M, and 59 employees. 

 

 

 

so its not just 8 people

2 hours ago, BTJB said:

 

👉 Differentiate between small and large businesses! Businesses with hundreds or thousands and businesses with a few, for example 8 people. It is quite possible that for given program works only one person and the rest are his assistants who do not have the knowledge of the source code in module or the whole program. So far they have given suggestions or applied some of their little knowledge. They have yet to explore what he bequeathed to them.

 

ARE YOU A FORMER Disgruntled EMPLOYEE WITH INSIDER INFO? 

Edited by debebee
Link to comment
Share on other sites


1 hour ago, debebee said:

Tonec's headquarters is in Huntington Beach, California. Tonec has a revenue of $15.1M, and 59 employees. 

 

Did you find their office by address? Or they work from home. :read:

 

1 hour ago, Israeli_Eagle said:

... and the only real news so far: IDM not updated for 3 months!  :lmao:

 

A season has passed. I guess it was the Summer. :lol:
We are waiting for the next update in a little while, autumn is coming! There is no trace of IDM.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


DesertFox1

The current version is working fine, so why worry about something until there is a real reason to do so?  Doom and gloom is a ridiculous way to live!

Link to comment
Share on other sites


8 hours ago, DesertFox1 said:

The current version is working fine, so why worry about something until there is a real reason to do so?  Doom and gloom is a ridiculous way to live!

 

Because this program needs an update every day! As they did for years until now when they stopped.

  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites


DesertFox1

No, it most certainly does NOT need an update every day or even every 3-6 months.  What is wrong with you?  I've been using this program since it's inception.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


methinks he's too paranoid 😂

 

Been using download managers since 90s..

 

 

Lots of alternatives too

Edited by debebee
Link to comment
Share on other sites


2 hours ago, debebee said:

Lots of alternatives, too

Which is your favorite IDM Alternative:think:

Link to comment
Share on other sites


22 hours ago, DesertFox1 said:

No, it most certainly does NOT need an update every day or even every 3-6 months.  What is wrong with you?  I've been using this program since it's inception.

 

You forgot too quickly how often the program was updated! These updates were not casually, however. You mauy not have problems, I never had problems too, but IDM require its maintenance to be current.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


DesertFox1

Many, if not most, of these updates (actually "builds") had little relative importance to actually downloading files ... the program's primary function.  They had more to do with attempts to keep pirates from using the program.  I went several years using the same version before it was actually necessary to update because the program no longer functioned.  Some people get too caught up it what they think is "truth", than actually knowing what the truth is.

Edited by DesertFox1
Link to comment
Share on other sites


  • DKT27 locked this topic
  • Adenman unlocked and locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...