outlook 2021 default email account not working as expected

wozzzzza
Go to solution Solved by wozzzzza,

i have just upgraded computer and upgraded office from 2016 to office 2021 and windows 10 to 11.
i have 4 different email accounts in outlook and a separate software program that will send emails from the default email account in outlook.
problem is that it doesn't do this. it will send from another account within outlook even though i have the one i want it to send from set as default it always sends from another email.
anyone know what's going on here and how to fix this??

Israeli_Eagle

Ok, first we know of course that W11 is extreme buggy. :whistle:

But in this case might be the unknown 3rd-party program guilty and maybe itself was not upgraded for using Office 2021.

12 hours ago, Israeli_Eagle said:

Ok, first we know of course that W11 is extreme buggy. :whistle:

But in this case might be the unknown 3rd-party program guilty and maybe itself was not upgraded for using Office 2021.

they say it is compatible with office and outlook 2021

12 hours ago, kyber said:

Can we know the separate program you are using?

its a custom made one widely used in australia, but it is all legit and worked ok on windows 10

1 hour ago, wozzzzza said:

its a custom made

Maybe it is not reading the outlook profile properly and hence not knowing the default account.

Israeli_Eagle
6 hours ago, wozzzzza said:

they say it is compatible with office and outlook 2021

its a custom made one widely used in australia, but it is all legit and worked ok on windows 10

Well, if so............. Enjoy a few extra bugs of the thousands on W11. :whistle:

It`s important to know if the upgrade to W11 was made from the scratch (clean upgrade) , or an upgrade in place - from Office 2016 to 2021 and from W10 to W11 ? 

On 8/31/2022 at 3:17 AM, AlienForce1 said:

It`s important to know if the upgrade to W11 was made from the scratch (clean upgrade) , or an upgrade in place - from Office 2016 to 2021 and from W10 to W11 ? 

clean install on brand new computer.

On 8/28/2022 at 3:55 PM, wozzzzza said:

i have just upgraded computer and upgraded office from 2016 to office 2021 and windows 10 to 11.
i have 4 different email accounts in outlook and a separate software program that will send emails from the default email account in outlook.
problem is that it doesn't do this. it will send from another account within outlook even though i have the one i want it to send from set as default it always sends from another email.
anyone know what's going on here and how to fix this??

8 hours ago, wozzzzza said:

clean install on brand new computer.

You said above that you did select in Outlook the default account , maybe also that program has that option to select ??  :dunno: 

7 minutes ago, AlienForce1 said:

You said above that you did select in Outlook the default account , maybe also that program has that option to select ??  :dunno: 

it is selected as is the account in it as default in the program and still not using that email. its got everyone stuffed.

• Solution

i just figured it out. in the account settings you have tabs of Email, Data Files, RSS Feeds etc...

under the email tab i have my default mail account set, but under the Data Files it also gives an option to set a mail account datafile as default, i had another one in there set as the default, as soon as i changed that default to the one i have under Email tab it started sending from the correct default account now.