how to convert office 2016 files over to 2021??

wozzzzza

52 minutes ago, wozzzzza said:
  1. how to convert office 2016 files over to 2021??
  2. how do i convert the data files??

Strange questions...

1. there is no way to convert them, you have to do a new clean and full install of version 2021 (NB! a clean install is mandatory!)
  2. there is no need to change any data, they are valid and work with version 2021 just as they worked with version 2016
  3. All you need is an activation key or a Microsoft 365/Office 365 contract for this version

A Strange question but still

2 hours ago, wozzzzza said:

convert the data files??

do you mean the office files .xlsm,.docx etc. - Then you need not convert them, just open them in any version of office app and it will open.

For Outlook PST/OST data Files you need to export mails from old version and import them in new version.

HTH

Edited by kyber
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, kyber said:

A Strange question but still

do you mean the office files .xlsm,.docx etc. - Then you need not convert them, just open them in any version of office app and it will open.

For Outlook PST/OST data Files you need to export mails from old version and import them in new version.

HTH

yes that is what i meant, i forgot to say outlook 2016 to outlook 2021, not office as such  thanks

@wozzzzza Do you need to convert OST file to PST file?
This has already been described many times, use the search and you'll find thousands tutorials. There are also special programs.
For example here.

https://www.arysontechnologies.com/convert-ost-to-pst-online.html

36 minutes ago, wozzzzza said:

yes that is what i meant, i forgot to say outlook 2016 to outlook 2021, not office as such  thanks

If your Outlook 2016 profile is POP3  you only have to copy the  ".pst"  file and  the "Autocomplete" file to  the new  PC .

Don`t forget to stop on old PC the Outlook  before you copy the files described above . 

2 minutes ago, Kalju said:

@wozzzzza Do you need to convert OST file to PST file?
This has already been described many times, use the search and you'll find thousands tutorials. There are also special programs.
For example here.

https://www.arysontechnologies.com/convert-ost-to-pst-online.html

If the old Outlook profile is IMAP , you only need to  know the profile`s password .

Just now, AlienForce1 said:

If the old Outlook profile is IMAP , you only need to  know the profile`s password .

And you don`t need to copy the old  .OST file (for IMAP profile) .

• 3 weeks later...