windows 7 has deactivated itself?? how??

wozzzzza

i have had windows 7 on my computer for around 7 years now activated properly and never had an issue until last night where it says activation has failed.

anyone know why this is??

On 8/3/2022 at 4:19 PM, wozzzzza said:

i have had windows 7 on my computer for around 7 years now activated properly and never had an issue until last night where it says activation has failed.

anyone know why this is??

what edition of Windows 7?

Home Premium, Professional or Ultimate?

also, did this occur while updating Windows (aka. installing updates thru Windows Update) or did Windows 7 suddenly lose activation status?

Edited by erp-ster0

4 minutes ago, erp-ster0 said:

what edition of Windows 7?

Home Premium, Professional or Ultimate?

also, did this occur while updating Windows (aka. installing updates thru Windows Update) or did Windows 7 suddenly lose activation status?

its windows 7 pro, not sure if it was an update or not, but gets turned off every night. been activated for many years  legit i believe.

Could be key was taken off.

Registry corruption perhaps 

I doubt Microsoft activates old software like win7 anymore from. their servers. 

just Daz reactivate it.. 

Edited by debebee

24 minutes ago, wozzzzza said:

1. its windows 7 pro, not sure if it was an update or not, but gets turned off every night.

2. been activated for many years  legit i believe.

1. as you know, Windows 7 does not get automatic updates
2. either you believe or you know

On 8/4/2022 at 2:19 AM, wozzzzza said:

i have had windows 7 on my computer for around 7 years now activated properly and never had an issue until last night where it says activation has failed. anyone know why this is??

Are you saying that you have never done a new and completely clean OP system installation in 7 years?

How old is this computer anyway? Seven years ago, no Windows 7 pre-installed computer came out of any factory, then the sale of Windows 7 was banned altogether.
Also, what kind of slic does this computer have, is this OP activated as OEM or Retail or something else (for example VL, MAK, etc).
Is the installation typical or something else?
And you say that every night the activation disappears?
Also, be nice and tell me how you reactivate it?

be atleast 7 years, wifes computer, i cant remember it was that long ago, but hasnt been reinstalled for atleast that time, i did it last time, i would have used some sort of VL or MAK serial. as for updates, no idea, she doesnt like updating anything.

Then there is nothing to be surprised about, these keys may be outdated a long time ago, KMS servers are likely down, etc. In case there is really nothing wrong with Windows, it makes sense to reactivate with a real key or using the DAZ loader. But I highly doubt that Windows itself is fine, it would be the eighth wonder of the world if it is.
It would be reasonable to do a fresh clean installation and then activate with a genuine key or as I said with DAZ.
But maybe now would be the time to abandon this age-old and unsupported version by Microsoft and install something more modern.
But as long as it is not known what kind of hardware it is, nothing can be recommended. It's (I mean hardware) also quite possibly very outdated...and quite unusable.

But you can try, maybe you can use some more time if you can't buy a newer one.

First tell what the computer it is, what the motherboard, what processor, ram, graphics, etc. We may be able to advise on what can be done with it and what to try to install there.

Edited by Kalju