Strange Problem While installing XP

swarna

hi guys, Today i was installing Xp on my pc everything went ok till it load (Copy) the files on hard drive and when it rebooted nothing happened. no xp screen nothing. I tried 5 times but nothing happened. Then i install Linux and everyting went fine , i am working on it . But how do i install the xp what's wrong with it . Plz Help..

• Replies 11
  • Views 831
  • Created
  • Last Reply

most likely either bios mis-configured (IE priority) and there has been some minor flick, or faulty installation disk

• Administrator

So did it reboot during the installation or after the installation was 100% completed? If it's the first one, then try re-installing the same way. ;)

it's like it copies all the files from cd to hard drive and reboots to start the installation . so when it reboots nothing happened like nothing was copied .Disk is brand new and is working on my friends pc..

• Administrator

Disconnect the CD/DVD and HDD Drive's wire. And re-connect. If it still doesn't work then the CD can be corrupt.

Don't know why I get a feeling that you're running the installation CD from Windows instead of booting it.

Please confirm. :unsure:

I think what dcs18 means could be correct... I would check the BIOS to make sure your Disk Drive is configured to boot first.. and then boot install and just let it do what it needs to.. except it should automatically boot from HD at the point it needs to..

Ok , First of all i am not running the installation CD from Windows . Secondly i can install linux without any problem.

Okay so this means you have reformatted into NTFS, from what is it UDF or something for Linux I can never remember until I load the partition manger from Disk..

.. and you made sure to use the installation boot disk to format your drive ( long type ) before you attempted any automated install?

Archived