Network problem

S3cretz

OK get this I just redid a pc format ect ect . the drivers are correct .

os win 7

mobo n force 4

ect thats all you need to know about the specs.

Ok so the prob is when i plug the dammed thing into its router well nothing happens thats the problem doesnt even detect the cable . Yes the ip ranges everything is correct im not exactly new to this. Already reset the router ect... And get this the router works fine on other pc's and get this the busted pc it networks fine with other pc's it just the moment a network cable comes near a router and not just that router any router the network port just locks up nothing!!! Arrg:fear: So no router on earth wants to work with this pc !!! and yes i reformatted already tried everthing i know ... Please excuse me while i go cry in a corner for a bit... ... ... ... ok im back!!! anyone please help???

• Replies 12
  • Views 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would check for your hardware in device management... and make sure it does have any errors.. Then go to the Network Center... If you configure the Network correctly and make sure nothing is interfering with it, like HIDS/HIPS, firewall or something other type of protection... Then I would look at the internal settings of your router.

If you are using a slipstreamed installation, then I would be looking at the normal services related to network discovery, location awareness, DNS, DHCP.. and anything else that could be related...

The answer is probably simple enough.. but frustrating..

Cehced all my services tried drivers ens ens its annoying. the thing is the port is dead when i plug in a router but when its a hub pc switch its alive and kikcin :frusty:

Thanks alot for the post's ill double check everything and tell you guys if i find something thanks again^_^

Dude ive been at it for two day's now and this is my best client i cant tell them they gota buy a new mobo and or n card :frusty:

Did you do a search on TechNET, Microsoft, or MSDN for anything relative? I kinda think it may have something to do with an incompatibility of some sort.. Router or Network Card...

Try unplugging the card from the board and back in again? Even on board sometimes will have a connection you can unplug.. I used to have a computer that was temperamental like this.. Would been better used as a Mafia Paper Weight..

Try a different cable that is known to work with the router, to eliminate that as a problem. Also download latest nforce4 drivers from nvidia.com.

:dance2: While i was working on the pc it reset itself all of a sudden so i though oh dam overheat! but when I checked the sinks they were ice cold excpt for the north bridge but that's normal and it wasn't that hot then i checked the temp logs as I feared nothing was wrong and just as I quit the logs it reset again. So after 4 more hours of troubleshooting I can happily and finally write this off as a faulty mobo. :dance2:

• 2 weeks later...

Archived