(SOLVED)TeamViewer Portable Won't Load

uffbros
Go to solution Solved by shwescorpion,

I just downloaded the latest version of TeamViewer Portable and it won't load. It makes an appearance in task manager but I get no user interface. I disabled antivirus,tried as Admin, still won't load. Rebooted the computer no help as well. I tried the last version of the portable and it works??? Can't be just me surely?????

Edited by uffbros
Solved

32 minutes ago, uffbros said:

I just downloaded the latest version of TeamViewer Portable and it won't load. It makes an appearance in task manager but I get no user interface. I disabled antivirus,tried as Admin, still won't load. Rebooted the computer no help as well. I tried the last version of the portable and it works??? Can't be just me surely?????

I assume you're talking about TeamViewer v15.31.5.0 Portable and you're launching the TeamViewer.exe from within that extracted folder?

Works perfectly for me, can't imagine what the issue can be on your end.

Are you sure you didn't download and install Teamviewer Host instead?

Teamviewer portable is a zip file and requires extraction.

I suggest re-downloading the file from Teamviewer website and checking again.

Edited by zinoswink
Added info

yeah...I downloaded it 3X and yes I run it from the extracted folder like I do every version. Why does the previous portable work and this one doesn't?

shwescorpion

Try this.

Delete this file "rolloutfile.tv13" inside the portable folder.

Then run the "TeamViewer.exe" again.

It should start with EULA page and accept the term and you are done.

Hope that it will work.

2022-07-11_115545.png

I don't have that file in my portable folder???? I checked the zip file as well and no such file.

1 hour ago, uffbros said:

I don't have that file in my portable folder???? I checked the zip file as well and no such file.

Then can think that you have missing also some more files from there. It's complitely possible.
Looks like someone is actively and constantly cleaning there, but who or what?
In fact, the file exists, and at least for me it doesn't cause any problems.
However, if the .zip is not in the package, then the question remains, are you still downloading the original package or a repack from some clever home craftsmen?

This file is totally there and won't bother anyone because it's a completely pointless file.

So, even if this file doesn't exist, nothing happens and everything works. The problem must be something else.

Edited by Kalju
  • Like 1

Israeli_Eagle
9 hours ago, uffbros said:

I don't see anything there???

1 hour ago, uffbros said:

Oh my..... :whistle:

Only YOU can know what YOU use and also only YOU can see what happens, for that Windows has Event Logs the last 20 years. Others can only tell that the current version works fine for them.

And just to make sure tho we know that already 20+ years too:

You cannot run the software inside of a ZIP archive!!

Edited by Israeli_Eagle

Israeli_Eagle
6 hours ago, shwescorpion said:

Try this.

Delete this file "rolloutfile.tv13" inside the portable folder.

And this file does not exist in the portable ZIP archive, but is created after usage first time and accepted the terms, EULA etc. (I tested it right now and works fine.)

Edited by Israeli_Eagle
  • Like 1

shwescorpion
4 hours ago, Israeli_Eagle said:

And this file does not exist in the portable ZIP archive, but is created after usage first time and accepted the terms, EULA etc. (I tested it right now and works fine.)

That is what I meant.

• Like 1

On 7/10/2022 at 10:35 AM, uffbros said:

How about a screenshot showing the files in the extracted Teamviewer folder that you're trying to launch the program from?

Downloaded fresh copy again...Unzipped to folder......Run the .exe....It shows up in task manager but no user interface. Here are the files.

TeamViewer.jpg

shwescorpion

Do you have the old portable TV folder?

If yes, go there and look for that file and delete it.

Then go to latest TV folder and run the "Teamviewer,exe".

Edit

OR

Just rename all the old TV portable folder.

Then run the latest "Teamviewer,exe".

Edited by shwescorpion
Edit

Israeli_Eagle

Most probably the OS system is already damaged, hundred reasons possible.

And the whole chat now is quite useless without Event Logs!!

I already said event log shows nothing about TeamViewer. I already said the previous version portable works?????? How would renaming the one that currently works change anything? They are portable and separate? I end task on the task manager entry for TeamViewer each time I retry???? I rebooted many times as well. Makes no sense.

Israeli_Eagle

And again... Only YOU can know what happens there!! Because you not gave us anything what happened. And other people have no problems at all, it simply works fine (I myself tested yesterday in a RamDisk).

Maybe it might help with "sfc /scannow", it might also help cleaning the registry or checking the drivers... But that's already, we not have miracles. So... What else we can do so far??

"My fridge does not work!! But I give you a pic." :whistle:

RL106W.E-opedn-full.jpg

Edited by Israeli_Eagle

Then why does previous version work? I don't know what else you want me to show you?? There is nothing to show?????

Israeli_Eagle

Try to look in the logs!!

C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\TeamViewer

And it saves then 2 files... "TeamViewer15_Logfile.log" and "TVNetwork.log".

• Solution
shwescorpion

I got 2 portable folder  (15.24.5) and (15.31.5)

Each folder had the "rolloutfile.tv13"

I run the "Teamviewer,exe" of the (15.31.5) , the TV is not launching and "Teamviewer,exe" is in the Task Manager and running.

This is what happened like you said.

Now no matter how I try, the TV won't launch any more.

Here is how I did to bring back the latest TV to run.

Open the registry and search the "teamviewer" and delete every entry in the registry.

Then run the latest TV again and VOLLA ....

You have nothing to loose to try that.

EDIT

To be more specific, you just need to delete the following registry only.

Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\TeamViewer

Edited by shwescorpion
EDIT

Yup i believe the portable that Tv gives is not a true portable.. this means they leave their footprint in the os registry and application data.. 

and this may affect newer builds from working.. 

just an idea.. why not try installing the installer version, the do a uninstall using geek uninstaller or a similar app.. the unistall may remove the footprints left from old and upgraded version.. 

then try running the new portable.. 

Edited by debebee

shwescorpion

@uffbros

Did your problem solved?

If YES, please edit the title and mark the post that solve your problem as solution.

So that other members who faced the problem like this will see the "Topic Solved" and they might come to look for the what is the solution is.

Help the community better.

Regards.

• uffbros changed the title to (SOLVED)TeamViewer Portable Won't Load

I still don't know how to do the solved feature. How do you make it point to the post that solved the problem?

32 minutes ago, uffbros said:

I still don't know how to do the solved feature. How do you make it point to the post that solved the problem?

Capture

• Like 1