MyPal 68 Browser

spinalgr1998

spinalgr1998

Mypal68 is a browser for Windows XP based on Firefox 68. Original github project is here

As developer Feodor2 said that do not plans to do installer version until definitive choice the version to develop as for langpacks too. But here you can find some unofficial installers:

MyPal 68.12.2b

MyPal 68.12.3b

MyPal 68.12.4b

To use Discord (WebRTC) just in the about:config set to true media.peerconnection.enabled

WUCFRcZ.png

Edited by spinalgr1998
  • Confused 1

• 2 months later...

@Israeli_Eagle

Old games. Pre-2010 games will absolutely run smoother, cause less problems and won't require mods, fixes and workarounds - as they do on newer Windows'.

Before MyPal there was only Opera 36 and Otter - chromium fort developed by 1 person. It's better to have a choice than not.

Also MyPal feels full compared to K-Meleon, the only other Firefox fork on old engine.

About security - I'd presume people using XP nowadays know best practices. Or at least some basics. WebRTC is the last thing to worry about.

Israeli_Eagle
33 minutes ago, romper said:

@Israeli_EagleOld games. Pre-2010 games will absolutely run smoother, cause less problems and won't require mods, fixes and workarounds - as they do on newer Windows'.

Erm........ Sorry, but I prefer modern games and work perfectly. These days for example mostly RDR2 (which is nowadays already an oldie somehow) and Marvel's Spider-Man Remastered, totally smooth with very high settings. :coolwink:

Anyway, the topic here and big privacy issue was WebRTC!

Edited by Israeli_Eagle

@Israeli_Eagle

And sorry you should be. For ignorance of history. Both our countries are examples of what's wrong with philosophy of yours.

But since you're so concerned with webrtc - it's not a big deal. It never was. Nor originally. Not after 2018 and implementation of mDNS. 

Think about it. Google Chrome never had option to disable webrtc. Firefox has the most features on top, yet it's the least secure.

There are these six: Windows 11, Microsoft Teams and Mozilla Firefox, Oracle Virtualbox, Ubuntu Desktop, and Safari browser. What do they all have in common? On hacking contests they're getting hacked on day 1.

So I wonder what are you even doing in a thread related to Windows.

• Confused 1

Israeli_Eagle
4 minutes ago, romper said:

@Israeli_Eagle

And sorry you should be. For ignorance of history. Both our countries are examples of what's wrong with philosophy of yours.

Sorry, but I build computers already 40+ years and also most time OS developer. So I for sure never forget the history and also nice to remember. But now we live at year 2022!! Only sadly some people are still stuck in the past.

6 minutes ago, romper said:

But since you're so concerned with webrtc - it's not a big deal. It never was. Nor originally. Not after 2018 and implementation of mDNS. 

Think about it. Google Chrome never had option to disable webrtc. Firefox has the most features on top, yet it's the least secure.

There are these six: Windows 11, Microsoft Teams and Mozilla Firefox, Oracle Virtualbox, Ubuntu Desktop, and Safari browser. What do they all have in common? On hacking contests they're getting hacked on day 1.

So I wonder what are you even doing in a thread related to Windows.

Luckily I never ever use any Google spyware, totally banned in my machines. And every good modern browser can of course block WebRTC easily, plus every good VPN blocks it auto per default anyway.

And no, I were never hacked in my long life. :coolwink: