context menu on win 11

Betts1964
Go to solution Solved by Betts1964,

I am looking for free software that will change the context menu on win 11 so it looks like windows 10.  Can someone tell me if there is such SW that will do so plz. I would greatly appreciate it.

TIA

5 minutes ago, flash13 said:

@Betts1964

Bring back Windows 10 context menu.  Is this what you are looking for ?

yes plz but i dont want to do it through the registry.

Edited by Betts1964

12 minutes ago, Betts1964 said:

yes plz but i dont want to do it through the registry.

Have you tried to press Shift+F10 on your keyboard with a selected file or location.

• Administrator
On 6/5/2022 at 3:53 PM, Betts1964 said:

all set. i did it with .reg file.

It would be great if you upload that reg file and share it in here in order to anyone else to have the solution you have just found.

• Like 3

https://www.majorgeeks.com/mg/getmirror/show_more_options_windows_11,1.html

https://www.majorgeeks.com/mg/getmirror/show_more_options_windows_11,2.html

27 minutes ago, pc71520 said:

That's another good option for the ones who don't want to use .reg files

This Sordum gadget does exactly the same thing, ie it changes the registry key, more correctly - adds and removes registry key. The only thing is that you don't have to open the regidtry editor yourself and add or remove this key there manually. It's just a script with a look and a few buttons. The content and principle is 100% the same.
In reality, this is not a solution and is probably it is a temporary phenomenon (simply the difficulty of Microsoft's transition). Probably no one has yet found where it is all in the registry. And that's probably because so far there is only Windows stuff, what is probably in some .dll files and there is nothing in the registry but only regitered .dll.
But since some manufacturers have already discovered this and added links to their products to the new right-click menu, it's likely to be possible and probably available to everyone soon.
Personally, this current situation does not bother me at all, I even like it. But despite this, I have been looking for opportunities, unfortunately so far nothing good has been found. It seems to be very well hidden, at least so far.

how to enable the old windows 10 right click menu in Windows 11 with four different methods. Choose which one you like. Open registry and: Navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\CLASSES\CLSID\ Create NEW key {86ca1aa0-34aa-4e8b-a509-50c905bae2a2} Select new key and create another new key called InprocServer32 on the right of InprocServer32. Open the (Default) key and set its value to blank Restart PC

https://anonfiles.com/39e0Feo9y7/Enable_Old_Right_Click_Menu_reg

https://anonfiles.com/10edF5o0y0/Disable_Old_Right_Click_Menu_reg

7 hours ago, Kalju said:

This Sordum gadget does exactly the same thing, ie it changes the registry key, more correctly - adds and removes registry key.

Yeah, I know.

I personally use the two (2) .reg files from MajorGeeks:

-Clicking on the First file brings the Context Menu back to the Old (i.e. Windows 10) Style.

-Clicking on the Second file restores the Context Menu to the Default (i.e. Windows 11) Style.