iTunes 7

SacredCultivator

SacredCultivator

Dear Readers,

FOr some reason as I got bored I decided that I might want to add Album Covers/Videos onto my iPod Video so I downloaded iTunes 7, but the thing that ticks me off is I can't use it.. By means of.. I can' tlisten to Music through it... WHen I try to listen to music on it after a few minnutes (1-3minutes) it stutters and restarts.. If I use iTunes but don't listen to music (Transferring stuff) it doesn't do that.. Only when I play Music... But when I use WinAmp.. no problem.. And I wished Winamp could transfer Videos as I can do without the Album Covers... But when I tried... THe video goes into the iPod as a regular music file and sort of ruins things on my iPOd(Have to delete/ reload all songs).. So I was wondering if the problem of the Restarting Computer is on my End or the program =X

• Replies 12
  • Views 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
iTunes 7, 'WTF?'

p2pnet.net News:- The latest version of iTunes, Apple's iPod user-funded front-loader, is being hyped to the gills, as usual, by the mainstream media.

But it seems iT7 ain't all it's cracked up to be and in fact, "I upgraded to ITunes 7 today and now ALL of the songs in my library are extremely distorted when I play them," posts cipher on the Apple forums.

"There is crackeling, static, skipping, and they sound like garbage. When I play the same songs in a different media player they sound fine.

"Anyone know WTF is going on here?"

And, "I am/was also having the same problems as decribed by the opening post," says pneuma_9000 further down, continuing:

Right after I installed the update to 7.0, all of my music sound extremely distorted with overwhelming scratchiness and static.

I changed the Sound Out settings on the Audio tab of the Quicktime Peferences as found in the Control Panel. I switched mine down from 24 bits to 16 bits. I opened iTunes back up and everything sounded just great...for about two minutes, then the audio distortion came right back in.

I went back into Quicktime Preferences and switched the Audio Out Size down to 8 bits. It seems to be working now...though I don't know for how long.

In the end, the problem definitely seems to be caused by the Quicktime/iTunes engine.

Then, "Thank you people for reminding me not to be a first adopter," says softmagnet. "I have learned my lesson(s) and learned them well. Never, never again will I install anything from Apple when it is first released. I�ve learned that only heartache will ensue. I�ll just wait until all this resolves itself, or someone comes up with a final solution, or better still, wait for Apple to release the proper software that works."

And down towards the end, "Add me to the list," declares OAKside, finishing up:

Tried all available solutions here, and just about everything else I could think of besides downgrading to v6.0.5. Seems like a soundcard (Creative+) and Apple problem.

Latest everything on my PC: codecs, drivers, updates, software, etc. Clean, defragged, and somewhat fresh. The only thing to slightly work is switching to 16-bit and <96kHz, although still lots of Snap, Crackle & Pops.

Love the new iTunes 7 interface, design, colours, and additions but it's rediculous that it BROKE the core functionality: playing m*f*k'n music. Ah well, nice try Apple.

We await a (quick) fix . . .

P2PNet News

Its not just you, seems apple pushed this out way before it was ready....

SacredCultivator

Oh thanks for linking me... THought just me.. cause my computer has been reliable for quite some time... Again thanks for the link ;)

Edit: hehe read it.. doens't seem to mention Restarting of Computer>< As when I listen to Music is sounds just fine.. just that it restarts computer after some time.. but maybe the next version will fix this.

SacredCultivator

Sorry for the bump.. But was also curious if... let's say you accidently set iTunes Folder thingy to your Music Folder (It categorizes all your music into Artist Folder -> Album Folder ->Songs) And youd idn't know that it would do that.. is there a way to revert thigns back as I hate that and now have to slowly rename all my music and place them into my default music folder which is a huge hassle ><

check the folder setting in Itunes I dont use it but you might be able to make it change things back

or if you want all your music files in one root folder

In Windows:

Start

Search

All files and folders

Look in: (Browse to Root music Folder)

All or part of file name: (*.mp3 *.wma *.wav)

search

simply drag and drop (crtl+a will select all) to the folder of your choice

then delete all the empty folders

make sure to turn of the folder sort option in itunes or it will change them all back

edited for clearer directions

SacredCultivator

Bah... Haha nothing in iTunes folder that seems to help..

And that second choice... I knew that but then the Files are only the Song Titles and don't have the Artists name on it

Ex.

-Originally: Artist Name - Song Title

=After iTunes settings: Song Title

So if I just dragged/dropped the files I still have to rename them adding the Artists name onto it ><

Edit; Problem solved with TagScanner (Music Renamer)

SacredCultivator

I only use in compliment to my iPod (Video/ALbum Pics) As I know Winamp can do Music (That is what I used before I started putting videos/album art) And when I do WinAmp and try to put videos in.. it screws up my Ipod and I have to delete everything/ replace the Music Only... so yeah.

Hoping a new version will be released soon to fix their problems.

i dont know whats up with my ipod it doesnt charge correctly at all i have to like bend the plugin into my ipod im not sure if i need a new battery because its always done this it also wont charge on my computer

what i mean is i have to have somthing heavy on top of the plugin to bend it down to have it charge i duno hard to explain its weird i baught a bad ipod or somthing i gues brand new to :/ sometimes says sometype of battery error says to go to the apple website

SacredCultivator

That I don't know so I have botht he USB Adaptor + the AC Adaptor (Can't ever be too safe) haha.

SacredCultivator

Yeah updated to that version which did fix my problems.

As for those Album Art Importers, thanks and giving them a try :lol:.

Archived