Hijak

S3cretz

Everyone's pc has been hijaked once or twice i wanna know by what strain to see whats the most popular. Me i got hacked by a ka32.gen a day ago after I turned my eset of for a second just to gen a key :frusty:

• Replies 7
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Somehow my MRT logs I had got deleted. So I may not be able to tell you much about it. But yea they(two of them) were password stealers. I had also traced them. ;)

My first PC.. ( POS ) Was infected multiple times by something.. that would open window after window of the browser displaying flashing ads and so on.. Many of them I believe came from fake software... and startup DLL files.. in some cases they even have their own version of IE.. did not take me long to fix.. but were definitely a pain in the but. I remember they traced back to an Apache Server which only had an HTTP address, instead of a domain name.. Believe it or not, one of the reasons I came to know about Apache..LOL.. trying to find out what the favicon belonged to.. since all I was getting ( or knew how to do at the time ) has the track back to the main directory which was the default... 'It Works!' Page...

The second was the fake error popup.. which then lead you from page to page of click jacking then finally to a site with malicious temp files and Prefetch files.. which would load you up again.. somewhere in there.. I think they moved on to Trojans..

Technically this is less common know as most of these individuals know more advanced techniques.. and it is mostly used to 'punk' someone.. and claim the n00b term 'Pwned'..

There are several ways to protect yourself from these issues.. its like one of the first things you learn how to do...Before you ever even attempt AV installation or anything any other type of protection..

Too much to mention, anyhow I'm pretty sure I'm now capable of removing pretty much any kind of 'common' malware :P

• Administrator

Technically this is less common know as most of these individuals know more advanced techniques.. and it is mostly used to 'punk' someone.. and claim the n00b term 'Pwned'..

I know a kiddy black hat who uses pwned term. :P

Good that I convinced him to leave black hat things. :)

I've never been hijacked/ infected with malware.

Now, i ain't getting infected/hijacked..

When I first started with pc's I was experimenting etc.. that's when I got infected kinda a lot.

But you'll learn from your experiences..

Archived