newsgroup service question

myidisbb

been looking at insight cable company and from what i can tell its 3 gb for every 3 days which is bs now a days. (bellsouth dsl is unlimited giving me 60 gb a day)

anyone have experience with them (insightbb)?

what is a good pay for service for newsgroup access? unlimited access prefered.

i seem to remember something about signing up and telling your from nsane and this site got a credit back.

• Replies 5
  • Views 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

erm, you mean newshosting, the link right under the menu on the frontpage? yeah, they're a very good usenet provider ;)

and, yeah, make sure the referal ID number in the URL gets passed on to the signup page so we get some cash ;)

erm, you mean newshosting, the link right under the menu on the frontpage? yeah, they're a very good usenet provider ;)

and, yeah, make sure the referal ID number in the URL gets passed on to the signup page so we get some cash ;)

$10 for 10 gb a month vs $14.95 for unlimited. weird price tiering :P

anyway whats their webnews part. its not covered under the unlmited accounts it said.

dunno exactly, but it sounds like something similar to binsearch but it's prolly more text oriented (ie. for reading non-binary posts via your browser). sam seems VERY satisfied with his unlimited account if it helps ;)

dunno exactly, but it sounds like something similar to binsearch but it's prolly more text oriented (ie. for reading non-binary posts via your browser). sam seems VERY satisfied with his unlimited account if it helps ;)

i notice they had a europe server. well, sam, are you able to get your max download speed connected to them?

im moving in mid oct. hopely sooner. god this makes me want to keep bellsouth dsl. sad

you can also try giganews, which has an unlimited account and excellent retention rates of >60 days, but pricey and no secure NNTP or HTTP connections. Easynews offers secute NNTP and HTTP connections but no unlimited account as far as I know.

Archived