USB Booting

mmethw2003

Is there a way to Install Ubuntu or any other Unix version From USB ?

After Searching i found a Software unetbootin-windows

Someone can hlp me with this :) Plz :)

• Replies 12
  • Views 872
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

I was busy a bit when you asked, but I did search and didn't find anything. Good that Leet posted the link. :)

i guess mmthew asked how to install ubuntu from usb and in reply leet posted a link which is gr8 but thats to create live usb for ubuntu so it makes a live ubuntu usb like a live cd im looking forward to chek this will reply soon

• Administrator

Ubuntu is a Live CD + Installer CD. ;)

So it will do the both, will act as Live USB or Installer USB. Even if you are by mistake, started it as Live CD(USB), it always has an icon on desktop to install Ubuntu. ;)

" It will show the language selection and then the install menu, from which you can install Ubuntu onto the computer's hard drive or launch the LiveCD environment. "

;)

hey guys i found another way i just create a red hat linux enterprise bootable usb and cheked with mobalive cd soon gointa chek on my test computer

@DKT yes u r rite ubuntu is live cd as well as a installer too

@Leet sorry leet sorry for doubting on ur knowings

but i just created thru a simple way using ultra iso just run as admin then> open the linux iso > on top open bootable tab > then write image to the disk ans select the appropriate drive where ur usb located at and hit the write tab u ve got a bootable anstalltion usb ina minute

cheers

Never apologise for such things, there is always a chance of anyone being wrong. ;)

About that link. :D Little did you know I just pasted a link from a Google search result and never even read it. :rofl: I only just checked it when you said something. So you see, I could have been dead wrong. DKT was quicker with the reply than I was though.

• Administrator

BTW, for everyone's information. Ubuntu is one of the most easiest and better known Linux distro out there. It covers almost 50% of market in Linux if I'm not wrong. If you are not happy with the total GNOME interface, you can switch to KDE easily, just google it. Or you can download Kubuntu if you want. :)

Don't forget. There are official torrents also available for downloading Ubuntu and Kubuntu in addition to HTTP downloads. With hell number of seeders. :D

Yea I highly recommend Ubuntu for everyone willing to try Linux, their market share is great because it just works out of the box on most systems. I remember back in 1999 when I was using Red Hat 6.0 I would spend hours recompiling the kernel to optimise the stupid thing for my specs. Not to mention the headache trying to install programs, if you are lucky it might work else you get some random error with no explanation. I used Red Hat all the way till 9.0 then I gave up on it because finding drivers for modem and sound were really difficult back then. Lucky for Ubuntu.

Or if you don't want to download..I got me self a free UBUNTU cd/dvd a couple of years ago from the link below. And all i had to do was fill in me home address.

https://shipit.ubuntu.com/ :cheers:

Thank you Guys :)

I think this works Just fine .... unetbootin-windows

According to my searches this is the easiest Software to use :)

Archived