[help me] Windows 11 won’t wake from sleep / standby mode.

new1born

Windows 11 won't wake from sleep or standby mode after 2 minutes of display power-saving auto-off.
Dell Inspiron 3891 desktop, win11 22000.652, latest update.

I have tried all the top 20 solutions from Google search.

Nothing is working. 

Right now set to never sleep.

Any HELP please?

Hope I Am  Asking In Right Section!

Edited by new1born
typo

Try it. Remove the power cord, then wait for at least a minute or two, and then try restarting.

If there is any hope at all, it should/must start, but it may want repair or reinstal OS.

Edited by Kalju

• Administrator

Usually these problems are created by graphics drivers. Try uninstalling your graphics driver and reinstalling or installing newer graphics driver from official sources there.

Israeli_Eagle

It's sad, but a very simple reason: DELL :(

Plus also the still extreme buggy W11 of course, too.

On 5/6/2022 at 9:28 PM, Kalju said:

Try it. Remove the power cord, then wait for at least a minute or two, and then try restarting.

If there is any hope at all, it should/must start, but it may want repair or reinstal OS.

NOT. it doesn't work... the reinstallation is already done.

On 5/7/2022 at 4:52 AM, DKT27 said:

Usually these problems are created by graphics drivers. Try uninstalling your graphics driver and reinstalling or installing newer graphics driver from official sources there.

Graphics drivers are updated after reinstallation.

On 5/7/2022 at 9:09 AM, Akaneharuka said:

@new1born  Excuse me, do you use Bluetooth mouse ?

no, standard wired keyboard and mouse that come with the system.

On 5/7/2022 at 2:52 PM, Israeli_Eagle said:

It's sad, but a very simple reason: DELL :(

Plus also the still extreme buggy W11 of course, too.

for me DELL is love. i think, Windows 11 is a problem.

On 5/7/2022 at 3:46 PM, just a guy said:

Done that!

You can try remove last month cumulative update or downgrade to previous windows 11 version or go back to Windows 10. At last try uefi update maybe fix the power saving error but its risky as all firmware updates.

Edited by zigzag

7 minutes ago, zigzag said:

You can try remove last month cumulative update or downgrade to previous windows 11 version or go back to Windows 10. At last try uefi update maybe fix the power saving error but its risky as all firmware updates.

Since it's a new system, Dell support said not to downgrade.

and uninstalling the update didn't help as it updates automatically.

• Haha 1

I can imagine Windows 11 more aggressive with updates than Windows 10. I didn't try myself Windows 11 but i will try it out,

Isn't uninstalling the cumulative update  help temporarily? Afaik there is a Microsoft tool to hide windows updates so it won't autoinstall.

Try this www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/wushowhide.html

Edited by zigzag

Oh yes, You're asking for help, but....

There's no way I can understand you.
You say that the computer does not wake up from sleep mode, but then you say that it does not wake up the screen in sleep mode and also does not understand what will happen after 2 minutes. Does the computer really turn on sleep mode after 2 minutes? Or it turns display off after 2 minutes? Does the computer goes into sleep mode or does the screen turn off?
Also, don't understand how you could reinstall Windows if your computer doesn't wake from sleep? Or still woke up at some point?
And if it woke up, then how? What You then did?
And finally, what do you usually do to wake your computer from sleep? Do you move the mouse, do you press any key on the keyboard, do you press the Power On/Off button, or do you do at all something else?
Everything is so confusing. And somehow weird it's 2 minutes, what does that mean?
How did you choose in the settings what at all could and can wake your computer? What You should do to wake computer, what have You choosed from computer settings to do that?

• Haha 1

Israeli_Eagle
18 hours ago, new1born said:

for me DELL is love. i think, Windows 11 is a problem.

The most reason of sleep-mode problem is:
DELL is allergic of standards, for example power supplies & also their weird BIOS!! But the ISO standards are needed for options like correctly working sleep and wakeup. :coolwink:

Simply open your new prebuilt PC and you might be shocked seeing what you bought. :whistle:
Plus often still like a museum with half-speed RAM (single channel), ancient VGA port (analogue which ended already 10 years ago), weirdest wannabe cooling and so on...

038cr8N8ecBWQ8AtPgMhOyX-8.jpg

But don't worry, HP is also not really better. :lmao:

Edited by Israeli_Eagle

On 5/13/2022 at 1:27 PM, Israeli_Eagle said:

The most reason of sleep-mode problem is:
DELL is allergic of standards, for example power supplies & also their weird BIOS!! But the ISO standards are needed for options like correctly working sleep and wakeup. :coolwink:

Simply open your new prebuilt PC and you might be shocked seeing what you bought. :whistle:
Plus often still like a museum with half-speed RAM (single channel), ancient VGA port (analogue which ended already 10 years ago), weirdest wannabe cooling and so on...

038cr8N8ecBWQ8AtPgMhOyX-8.jpg

But don't worry, HP is also not really better. :lmao:

... and what about Commodore 64? 😁

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Akaneharuka

I have this problems on my windows 10 Ltsc 64bits too.

I need to force to restart it every times it won't wake up from sleep mode.

just a guy
On 5/6/2022 at 8:24 AM, new1born said:

Windows 11 won't wake from sleep or standby mode after 2 minutes of display power-saving auto-off.
Dell Inspiron 3891 desktop, win11 22000.652, latest update.

I have tried all the top 20 solutions from Google search.

Nothing is working. 

Right now set to never sleep.

Any HELP please?

Hope I Am  Asking In Right Section!

have you used the newer versions of ccleaner they have added Optimizer feature and it do this

• Added a new Performance Optimizer feature
  • Scans for apps that run in the background
  • Allows you to sleep apps that aren’t needed, reducing system load
  • Keeps apps asleep while not in use
  • Wakes apps up safely when needed by you or another application

maybe you have used ccleaner and it did something 

or maybe if you use it and see what apps or things are in sleep  mode ?

On 5/13/2022 at 6:11 AM, Kalju said:

Oh yes, You're asking for help, but....

There's no way I can understand you.
You say that the computer does not wake up from sleep mode, but then you say that it does not wake up the screen in sleep mode and also does not understand what will happen after 2 minutes. Does the computer really turn on sleep mode after 2 minutes? Or it turns display off after 2 minutes? Does the computer goes into sleep mode or does the screen turn off?
Also, don't understand how you could reinstall Windows if your computer doesn't wake from sleep? Or still woke up at some point?
And if it woke up, then how? What You then did?
And finally, what do you usually do to wake your computer from sleep? Do you move the mouse, do you press any key on the keyboard, do you press the Power On/Off button, or do you do at all something else?
Everything is so confusing. And somehow weird it's 2 minutes, what does that mean?
How did you choose in the settings what at all could and can wake your computer? What You should do to wake computer, what have You choosed from computer settings to do that?

I have set my screen/monitor to turn off, aka standby or sleep, after 2 minutes of no activity,

so when i move the mouse or press any key monitor wake up from sleep mode.

but after Windows 11 this doesn't happen. the monitor does not turn on.

I have to restart the PC or press the power button and wait for the PC to turn off.

14 minutes ago, new1born said:

I have set my screen/monitor to turn off, aka standby or sleep, after 2 minutes of no activity,

I have to restart the PC or press the power button and wait for the PC to turn off.

That is another thing you have said before.
Your monitor will not return to normal mode and it has nothing to do with your computer's sleep state.
But if you really don't know how your computer works at all, it would be wise to find someone who can help you on the spot.
This way, you can only be instructed remotely if you know what you are doing, but in this case, when You even don't know what You're talking about, it isn't possible any way.
Try to find someone near you who can see, what there at all have been done.

Israeli_Eagle
30 minutes ago, new1born said:

1. Do you use it with a real GPU card (which one?) or only graphics in CPU inside?
  2. Which monitor you use?
  3. Which cable is used (VGA, DVI, DP or HDMI)?

55 minutes ago, Kalju said:

That is another thing you have said before.
Your monitor will not return to normal mode and it has nothing to do with your computer's sleep state.
But if you really don't know how your computer works at all, it would be wise to find someone who can help you on the spot.
This way, you can only be instructed remotely if you know what you are doing, but in this case, when You even don't know what You're talking about, it isn't possible any way.
Try to find someone near you who can see, what there at all have been done.

I don't know, what's hard for you to understand?

my English or my problem?

Thanks for your replies.

35 minutes ago, Israeli_Eagle said:

1. Do you use it with a real GPU card (which one?) or only graphics in CPU inside?
  2. Which monitor you use?
  3. Which cable is used (VGA, DVI, DP or HDMI)?

I'm not a gamer so this system is enough for me.

Dell Inspiron 3891. No modifications have been made.

1. Onboard Intel UHD Graphics 730

2. The one that came with Dell Inspiron 3891 says DELL E2216HV Analog

3. VGA cable included with Dell Inspiron 3891

Edited by new1born
typo
  • Sad 1

Israeli_Eagle
32 minutes ago, new1born said:

1. Onboard Intel UHD Graphics 730

2. The one that came with Dell Inspiron 3891 says DELL E2216HV Analog

3. VGA cable included with Dell Inspiron 3891

Oh my..... VGA came from the 90s! :fear:

Try to use at least something modern (after WW2), for example a DVI (which is already old) or HDMI cable!!

It's shocking that DELL still sells such ancient (analog) stuff... Maybe with high museum tax to pay. :whistle:

Edited by Israeli_Eagle

• Bl4ckCyb3rEnigm4 locked this topic