New AV-Comparatives test

anjandavid

• Replies 17
  • Views 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sl@pSh0ck™

Thanks for posting this .. G Data and Avira kick ass in this test .... and some new comers did good as well. Nod32's detection rate is just 97.7% ..not bad considering it has one of the lowest false positives.

FP's are just as important as detection %.

Don't exaggerate ;)

FPs are important, but not just as important as detection.

• Administrator

Seems that from last few tests Avira is doing very well. The only reason I haven't tried Avira till date is the ad-ware factor. I guess they are not aware that they are losing great/free customers.

This time the report covers a lot of matters. ESET :win: .

NOD32 seems to be mediocre according to those results. Far from being as dominant as it was back in 2005/2006. Avira still surprises me, so does Avast.

NOD32 seems to be mediocre according to those results. Far from being as dominant as it was back in 2005/2006. Avira still surprises me, so does Avast.

Yup!

Dont do tests myself and running 7now different from xp, but pleasantly surprised (if so) by Avast, when it comes to Avira I do have Historical Hatred about free version pushy pop ups... ;)

Sl@pSh0ck™

Avira really did a good job on it's FP ... that is the only thing that made me shy away from it before ... now that their FP is good, I might try it out.... I have a 90 days key for it ;)

EDIT:

using avira 9 premium and on first full scan .. 3 FP's ... but I really like how easy it is on resources even when doing a full scan and it is really fast in scanning ... I think I'm going to keep avira for a while.

• Administrator

I'm not too impressed with Avast's speed after using it for few days. In my real usage tests, I can see that ESET was far more faster when scanning files while opening/using them. On the other end I saw Avast takes less RAM and has no startup scan or is very low hog in doing startup scan.

I don't know why ESET guys push for strong startup scan even when it's constantly scanning files normally in the memory.

You should be fine, I always do that to. Eset should catch malware with it's real-time protection. BTW, I'm still on NAV2010, and I must say I'm really satisfy. Sometimes I forgot that it's installed on my computer. It's very lite on the resources. And I can see on this test that it scored very good. And G-DATA looks interesting. Anyone tried it? Does it use a lot of resources? Is there a cure available?

Cheers ;)

Sl@pSh0ck™

@mara

for G Data try this link. Read post #85 by BBs

FP's are just as important as detection %.

Don't exaggerate ;)

FPs are important, but not just as important as detection.

Ohh...like getting a warning that your systemfile is a trojan and then deletes it..>>Bye Bye Windows.. (MCAFFE, remember?)

• 3 weeks later...

Archived