Firefox History

SacredCultivator

SacredCultivator

Hey REaders,

I'm currently using the Nightly builds of Firefox 3.7a4.

But I was recently just looking over my settings and realized for the Privacy tab, and next ot the "Remember my Browsing History", I don't have an option as to how many DAYS I can have it remember...

I was doing some cleaning of my history/cookies, and noticed this.

I'm not sure if this is due to the fact that I'm using a nightly build or just a 'feature-ish' from ff 3.7 as I didn't double check to see if 3.6 or even 3.5 have this issue.

So I thought to ask here.

Thanks.

Basically in this process, just making it so my FF doens't remember too much / cause slight performance slowdowns as I know there are many things that ihave not visited and most likely won't in the future, that are still intact in the history/cookies.

• Replies 9
  • Views 767
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sl@pSh0ck™

On the privacy tab .. click on the drop down arrow and use custom settings for history .... I have it in 3.6

SacredCultivator

That's what I have it set as, "Custom settings for history", so I guess it is a Nightly build thing that doesn't show it.

Sl@pSh0ck™

might be .. I haven't used 3.7a so no concrete idea. Hows the speed btw compared to 3.6?

SacredCultivator

I honestly do not know how to judge the 'speed differences' between the versions.

I generally try out the Alphas for just the new features/improvements, but as for speed comparisons, no idea.

Just wondering though, are there any good tweaks in regard to the Session Manager / cache / history / cookies to basically make for better performance?

I know there are a few guides in the Guides section, but wasn't too sure if to ask here/ or there as there is relevance to my thread.

Thanks.

(I might just switch to using the 3.6 branch to limit the History =P)

Sl@pSh0ck™

Your best bet is to just use 3.6 (stable) ... 3.7 is still in alpha version and should be used for testing purposes only ... you might want to try it back when it hits the beta phase though. I don't really know if there are tweaks relating to cache/history .... I myself have FF set to always start in private browsing mode :lol:

SacredCultivator

Just switched to the 3.6.3 Pre branch =P, alpha, but this time around I do have the optiont o set the days, and just as I thought when using the 3.7 branch, it was set at 90 =)

Given that this PC is primarily just me and at home, I don't worry too much about the Private Browsing.

I guess once 3.7 hits Beta I'll try again to see if the "xx days" option is available or not.

Thanks ^^

I believe that 3.7 (soon to be 4.0) only got stability fixes and new features.

Mozilla dropped 3.7, they are going straight to 4.0. so we will use Final version of 4.0 by January 2011. or earliest Dec of 2010.

hope Mozilla would do an amazing job on WHOLE new firefox

Archived